Tasmanian Devil Lures

troutdude
troutdude
Moderator
I just read, that a popular lure for Howard Prairie are the Tasmanian Devil lures.

http://www.fishingmag.co.nz/Tasmanian-Devil.htm

2 questions:

Which colors patterns work well for Howard Prairie trout?

Has anyone tried these lures, in other water bodies with good success?
 
I've caught browns on them at Wickiup.
 
I think its my grandpa that made these popular at HP :) He fishes there with a taz almost everyday. Id say blues and yellows are typically the best... but he also has most every color they make(and there is a ton of them!). They work in other areas and also work casting or trolling.
 
Thanks guys. I'll have to get some, and give them a try. I'll bet that they have some pretty wild action; especially in streams.
 
The kind of look similar to a SuperDuper in the water. I fish HP all the time, but I haven't found them to be any more effective than any other spoon or spinner, to be honest. Anything with a rainbow trout pattern works well at HP--both for bass and trout.
 

Similar threads

Senkosam
Replies
3
Views
666
Senkosam
Senkosam
Senkosam
Replies
2
Views
5K
Senkosam
Senkosam
bass
Replies
2
Views
568
bass
bass
Senkosam
Replies
7
Views
665
copperjohn
copperjohn
bass
Replies
3
Views
647
troutdude
troutdude
Back
Top Bottom