Swipes...

Troutski
Troutski
Any one ever do any Swipe fishing ?? Any one...?

Chuck

1aB
In another inland state they're called "wipers". Arguably the hardest fighting inland species, and IMO very tasty! I had a tuff time getting them to bite lures, and everyone I saw catching consistently(from shore) was using frozen mussel meat for bait. Us lure guys were getting spanked so I resorted to cut squid strips which worked very well. They appear to be a nomadic pack species which can be tuff to locate in a body of water.

T
Taku
Troutski said:
Any one ever do any Swipe fishing ?? Any one...?

Chuck

This a snipe hunt ?<G>

T
Troutier Bassier
Lmao snipe???

Anyways. what are Swipes????

Do they have them in oregon. Wipers???

Someone please tell me what they are!!!!!!

F
fishndad
lol......interesting!:rolleyes:

F
fishinmachine
Yeah when my buddy has his big smoker going I try to stop by and swipe some steelhead off the racks, sometimes there is a chinook or two in that same hole. Usually I rig up with a 12 oz silver bullet or a 16 oz PBR. Swipe hunting, is also good way of getting deer and elk jerky too. Does anybody have any GPS coordinates of other good swipe'n holes?:D

F
fishndad
fishinmachine said:
Yeah when my buddy has his big smoker going I try to stop by and swipe some steelhead off the racks, sometimes there is a chinook or two in that same hole. Usually I rig up with a 12 oz silver bullet or a 16 oz PBR. Swipe hunting, is also good way of getting deer and elk jerky too. Does anybody have any GPS coordinates of other good swipe'n holes?:D

lol 3 yards from my porch sits a smoker with some........:dance: