Sunday trip.

S
seanandrenee
Girlfriend and I were out on the W Sunday. Fished 3 different holes: guide, below the rapids/falls by elk creek and another just below the foot bridge, sorry not sure if named. Water was on the rise judging by the leaves and other small debris in the water. Nothing at at the one s of footbridge, a good hit at the falls on corkie and yarn, and good hookup with breakoff of 30 lb and half dozen misses of solid striks at the shack...still teaching the GF. Saw a couple of nooks landed...and many chum banked but much slowed down compaired to earlier in the week. Okay last day with the rains and such but we are still very much rookies on that river. Should be getting blown out quickly with these rains. Props to the gf for being a trooper in the crowds and rains. Did run bobbed and spinners at the first two with no hits. Guide hole only ran corkies with uv yarn. Corkies were either glow or dark.

O
osmosis
Blown out quickly is right, check out the graphs!

Give it a few trips and she'll be outfishing all your friends..

E
eugene1
Good to put in time no matter the outcome!

Seems like you fished until the last of the season with weather... Congrats on getting some bites at least. I got skunked 100% on Sunday with out so much as a nibble.

S
steelhead_slayer
good report

O
OnTheDrop
I feel ya man. Good job though, i love taking my GF out. Especially since she enjoys it... Wait 'til the river drops and it will be game on again. Old Nooks move up, new Nooks roll in.. With some fresh winters in the mix.. Early December/ Late Nov. Is a great time for the Wilson..

T
troutmasta
It'll be back on this weekend it looks like! Turkey day baby!

C
ChezJfrey
troutmasta said:
It'll be back on this weekend it looks like! Turkey day baby!

Yeah, I'm eyeballing that too...projection looks good come Friday or so. Hopefully a few will stay home, or will be out of town for the holidays, to keep a bit of space along those 26 miles :)

R
rippin fish lips
I wish i lived close to this river. all winter runs are within 40 mins to an hour from me!

T
troutmasta
rippin fish lips said:
I wish i lived close to this river. all winter runs are within 40 mins to an hour from me!
I drive an hour and a half each way to and from my house in wilsonville 3-4 times a week to hit the Wilson right now!
Lots of EARLY mornings

C
ChezJfrey
rippin fish lips said:

Well, for this river, its kinda the same. The closest spot to fish on the Wilson for me is 50 minutes away...and that's at the very upper reaches. Another 30 minutes if I want to fish way down low.