Summit Lake?

JasonInBend
JasonInBend
Was thinking about trying summit lake with the kayak. I know the road to get there from Crescent is rough. Anyone done any fishing up there? Would probably be looking for mackinaw. One source I found mentions kokanee, but I haven't see that mentioned anywhere else. Fingers crossed the mosquitoes are starting to wind down. TIA for any info.

N
newfydog
The road is indeed nasty, though I got a 4x4 Sprinter van through. Would drive around rather than do it again. Not many fish, a bit of an evening hatch and a scruffy rainbow or two. It is a gorgeous, but low nutrient mountain lake, and would be wonderful if you could figure out the mediocre fishing.

JasonInBend
JasonInBend
Thanks for the info. I think I would be ok in my truck (older Nissan Titan) on the road. I talked to the local ODFW office and they confirmed that the lake is periodically stocked with 'bows, there are naturally reproducing lakers, but no kokanee in the lake. I'll post a report if I end up going.

N
newfydog
My Tacoma always handled the road just fine. A camper van was not so great. Good luck up there!

Reactions: JasonInBend