Summer Coast Fishing

G
GringoDan
Greetings from out east! I am a fisherman from Pennsylvania. This July, my wife and I, along with my parents and my siblings and their families have rented a house out on the coast of Oregon for a week. I am curious to know what species is good to target this time of the year (we'll be there from 7/18-7/25). I was hoping perhaps Halibut, but I started looking at the seasons, and it seems that they have some funky season closures that may not jive with my timing. So what's the prefered target? Salmon? Tuna? Bottom Fish?? Any help would be most appreciated, especially if you know of a good charter. Thanks :)

S
steelhead1
what area of the coast?

O
Oregonchris
Ya the town would help.

G
GringoDan
The house is in Manzanita (sp?), but we're willing to drive to get to the dock. Don't know the area too well. We're hoping that Halibut Season won't be closed, but realize that's a real possibility. Thanks.

Dan

S
steelhead1
Charter fishing for bottom fish is a good option if you dont catch the halibut season. If conditions are good,it is a blast!I have also fished Garibaldi( N side of the barview Jetty,about 20 mi south of manzanita ) and landed some nice lingcod.Crabbing seemed to be better than average,also.Let me know if ya need any tips on gear....

G
GringoDan
Thanks Steelhead1! I appreciate the feedback.:) Are there any salmon in the lower rivers this time of year?

S
steelhead1
I dont know about the salmon,especially during summer months.this time of year I am always after bass or trout.