still gettin em

R
RIVERFISHER
went to the willy just after work and had about 1 hour to fish but thats better than nothing... was able to blow off some steam...showed up first cast i got snagged and almost threw the pole in the water...walked back to the bag of goodies almost grabbed them to leave and had a steely swim right bye me...:D got a huge smile on my face and decided i would retie up and go again...1rst cast nothing...second cast nothing xcept for another snagg...(got it loose tho thank god)...third cast bumped bottom 2 or three times and WHAM it was on...got it in.....tied it to the rope looked at the time had about 15 min or so to fish.. thaught about just takin my win and leavin but i was just to pumped up... rebaited up and casted again..got to end of my drift was reelin in seen my weight and bait on top of water comin back at me looked across river at some headlights i seen and all the sudden my pole was bouncin and fight was on....scared the beejeesus outta me... took me about 20 min. to get her in cause i couldnt see a damn thing and my headlamp was in the bag...toughest fish i ever had to land on my own...what a ending to a bad day at work.....:dance::dance: ...... havin trouble getting pics up so if anyone can let me know how that would be nice... the avatar i got to work thats the fishi cauight but id like to get better pics up so its easier to see them...

M
meluvtrout
good job Riverfisher!! :clap:
To attach pictures to a post:
- Find the paperclip icon in the top menu (right next to that smiley face) and when you click on that it'll open another page.
- Hit the browse button, find the pictures in your computer and then upload button to attach your pictures to the message...

Last edited:
F
fitterdent
where at on the willy, and what were you using. you got me pumped up too, i want to get some steelies but can't find em.

R
RIVERFISHER
CLOSE TO DEXTER....AND USING CORKIE AND SOME ROE THAT I GOT OUT OF LAST STEELY...I GOT A SWEET ROE RECIPE FROM A GUY AND NOW I LIVE BYE IT.... I wasn't CATCHIN ANYTHING ON OTHER ROE I PUT HIS ON AND BOOM....SINCE THEN WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS GO TO THE MESSY ROE:rolleyes:

B
bigdog
RIVERFISHER said:
CLOSE TO DEXTER....AND USING CORKIE AND SOME ROE THAT I GOT OUT OF LAST STEELY...I GOT A SWEET ROE RECIPE FROM A GUY AND NOW I LIVE BYE IT.... I wasn't CATCHIN ANYTHING ON OTHER ROE I PUT HIS ON AND BOOM....SINCE THEN WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS GO TO THE MESSY ROE:rolleyes:

Ok so where is dexter?

R
RIVERFISHER
dexter is kind of bye fall creek...right outside of lowell.. the one of my wife was about 3 weeks ago.. it was her first one.. then the rest was a few nights ago.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishydog
H
Hawk
Beautiful Pictures.....................Great Job..............................:D:D:D..........................:clap::clap::clap:..................................:cool:

C
Cascade
were those Summer run Steelhead then? Native or hatchery? I was unaware of Steelhead runs on the Willy. any insight is greatly appreciated. thanks. looking for a fishing partners here around Eugene too.

J
JeannaJigs
Eugene is steelhead heaven. 20 miles away we have the Siuslaw/lake creek winter run, then the Willamette and McKenzie have summer runners, although they hang out almost all year. I have caught steelhead in the Willamette and McKenzie from June-March, but they are summer runners on the McKenzie and Willamette. Large populous of hatchery fish on the McKenzie, but I hate that it's all private property up there, makes banking it frustrating. I need to get my hands on a boat! (oh and someone to row it, I want to fish, not operate a boat)

Irishrover
Irishrover
Great pictures and fishing story too. :)

F
Fishtopher
Right on man! Haha look at the kids faces! What else can you say??!:clap:

F
Fishydog
RIVERFISHER said:

...and are you willing to share that recipe? :pray:

N
ninja2010
sweeeeet report, man. that's what i like - get home from work, stop to fish, hook up and go home.

thanks for sharing.

F
fishnquest
what a great story, talk about the best way to end a day. luved the pics with the kids, thanks for sharing