Steps to recovery

R
RunWithSasquatch
As many of you currently know, I have been battling a horrible addiction to Breaking Bad.:lol:

Things went down hill for me about 2 and a half weeks ago, when I took my truck into the auto shop for repair. Sadly I have taken this truck in many times, but never have I had a longer turn around then 2 or 3 days.

Well,19 days later, I got it back! My addiction spiraled so far out of control, that I watched an entire season (4) of breaking bad in a day and half! Stuck cooped up in this house. Fished a few times during that span, but was at the mercy of my friends who decided to go fishing, en-route passing my home.

Now being clean of breaking bad for all of yesterday, I started suffering withdraws.

Forced to start the steps to recovery. I bumbled out of bed this morning at 5, but stirred around the house since daylight isn't until right around 7!

6:40 rolls around, and I start the long commute, and get stuck in a traffic jam consisting of a yellow school bus, and a SUV that had a PETA sticker in there back window. GREAT.

Soon enough, im around them and scooting along. Finally reach my fishing hole at 7:15! (only seen 2 other rigs on the side of the road on the way)

And the place is a ghost town.

Needless to say, I went to work, with good results. Go 2 for 2 on my first section of water, landing a nice 28'' keeper chinook, and catching and releasing a silver fish.

IMG_1337.jpg

Noon is approaching, and so I decide that its time to head back, but I have plans on stopping at one of my top producing slots on the way home near the deadline, just hoping to tie into one more fish, knowing that most will be dark that high.

As soon as I pull in, another car pulls in from the other direction, a father and son, and we all pile down the hill to the waters edge.

We talk for a few minutes, then I go to work, and with my first attempt, I hook into a small chinook. Father and son come down with there net, and first thing that comes to mind was NWKiller's recent post of them handing the rod to a little kid.
And thats exactly what I did.

The boy had never even seen a chinook in real life, let alone faught one.

I hand the rod over, and most of the fight was over before I remembered my camera.

Here he is with his trophy. Its a true darky, but who could complain for a first salmon. Some catch and release. Happy customer.

Resampled_2011-10-19_12-23-37_524.jpg

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
way to go man, not only did you have a good day but u made the day of that father and son as well i bet.....great video and pics man.....i can only ask..."how does it feel to step away and watch the joy that you feel everytime you catch a fish......hes hooked for life!!!!!! pun intended.

nice work RUN

R
RunWithSasquatch
Thanks NWK!

Its a no brainer to me in that situation!

Just as fun watchin him duel it out with the fish as if it were me. Fun for the kid, he was excited.

C
ChezJfrey
I'm no therapist, but from the looks of your program, you have a good model and I think you're gonna make it to recovery ;)

Reactions: RunWithSasquatch
troutdude
troutdude
ChezJfrey said:
I'm no therapist, but from the looks of your program, you have a good model and I think you're gonna make it to recovery ;)

ROTFL!!! So true!!!

Awesome job Squatch!

J
JeannaJigs
Glad to hear your pretty much recovered from your filthy addiction. Recovery is rough....

Nice fish and a good deed!

J
JB WI
2 times now I have read the most inspiring stories about fishing. If we all keep up this level of unselfishness we inspire a generation. Not just concerning fishing but life in general. Way to go all. I am humbled and grateful for folks like you. I hope these acts become "viral".

J
JB WI
BTW, Breaking Bad is pretty awesome.

Reactions: RunWithSasquatch
A
alseaalumaweld
it was 19 days wow time flys

R
RunWithSasquatch
alseaalumaweld said:
it was 19 days wow time flys

Yeah dude, I was in the 3rd week. Ugly scene.

L
lilsalmon
oh great....it was you, on the other thread about breaking bad that got me addicted.....now your in recovery and I suffer with the addiction and I am just barely through season 1......sigh......it is a great show tho.....good luck on your recovery....

BTW....great job on the fishys and sharing with the little guy....

A
alseaalumaweld
rws wana trade dodges mine dont break down ha

T
Team CF
Nice, nothing better for that kid he will want to go again and again.

B
bigsteel
way to go,excellent job letting the kid fight the fish

H
Hawk
Last nite on AMC channel i saw crazed Zombies ona 747 Concord aircraft...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

R
rippin fish lips
Nice fish and post run!! Handing a fish off to a kid is such a good way to get a kid addicted! That is how i got addicted to fishing. Keep up the good work bro.

I think my next fish will get handed tosome kid:D

troutdude
troutdude
Looks like a hand OFF, will now become the new version of "pay it forward".

:D :D :D

R
RunWithSasquatch
Updated the original post with the photo of the kid and his C&R salmon.