Some dark some bright

D
dtikey
downsized_0404120835.jpgdownsized_0404121307.jpgdownsized_0404121517.jpgdownsized_0404121517a.jpg
I went 3 for 7 yesterday and buddy went 0 for 2.Seen 1 other fish hooked today on the river so slowing down for us but probally be able to go hook into a few more before switching totally to summers. I ended breaking two off once they hit the main current and turned there heads down stream that we didn't get to see and my 10lb maxima had enough.Had every season under the sun as well today where we were which seemed to turn the fish off on us.As soon as wasn't raining or snowing the fish would start rolling and move up for us but when liquid hit liquid nada.Never had this happen before just thought it was intresting.

R
rippin fish lips
Nice report man! good job at slayin them this year! I am ready for summers!!!

J
jawjacker
nice work

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice job , beautiful fish... jcp must have been recently stocked huh? :lol: well done on the fish handling to. good to see they are not being dragged up into the mud and kicked back in the water :)

D
dtikey
brandon4455 said:
nice job , beautiful fish... jcp must have been recently stocked huh? :lol: well done on the fish handling to. good to see they are not being dragged up into the mud and kicked back in the water :)

thanks brandon on the fish handling yeah we really try to take care of our natives and handle with care. we have seen other people hold them by there gills and drop them on the ground and rocks then just throw back into the river with out reviving and usally we say stuff to the people doing that because the guys I fish with respect these fish and most would rather go and feel these fish fight then go somewhere and get hatchery fish that peter out in couple minutes.

brandon4455
brandon4455
yeah i hear ya there man. those wild fish will rip ya new one, not that i have anything against bonking a hatchery fish, if i caught one id bonk it but i would rather target wild fish hands down..harder fight and knowing you fooled a wild fish into taking your offering is very rewarding plus the fact that your holding a fish that managed survive the rivers blowing out, evade predators and eat until they got so big is pretty damn cool. it's crazy how many fish are in that system this time of year, some people think salmon holding in deep pools is a ton of fish if you had x-ray vision and looked in that river you would sh*t your pants :lol:

Last edited:
M
Mad dog
Don't give up yet!!! Last year rocked until mid-may!

Looks like the Burrito hole has been pretty good for you guys! That flat your fishing in these pic's holds lots of fish when the river is up! I might hit Colliding to Whistler's tommorrow, lot's of fish still moving up.....but.....the springers are coming!!!

D
dtikey
Mad dog said:
Don't give up yet!!! Last year rocked until mid-may!

Looks like the Burrito hole has been pretty good for you guys! That flat your fishing in these pic's holds lots of fish when the river is up! I might hit Colliding to Whistler's tommorrow, lot's of fish still moving up.....but.....the springers are coming!!!

Yes the flat has been good just like every year and I will fish them till 3rd week of april up there then switch to springers when I head that way otherwise its summers up the mac.Did manage 2 for 4 which were both hatchery fish today in about 3 1/2 hours today.Bonked the hen and got the gold from her!!!downsized_0406120936.jpgdownsized_0406121345.jpg

M
Mad dog
dtikey said:
Yes the flat has been good just like every year and I will fish them till 3rd week of april up there then switch to springers when I head that way otherwise its summers up the mac.Did manage 2 for 4 which were both hatchery fish today in about 3 1/2 hours today.Bonked the hen and got the gold from her!!!

You're killin' me dude!!!

Nice fish! Wish I had the time to get out! Obviously didn't make it out today!

D
dtikey
Mad dog said:
You're killin' me dude!!!

Nice fish! Wish I had the time to get out! Obviously didn't make it out today!

Thanks Mad Dog and guess what...made it there again today.I went 4 for 5 all fat native hens and buddy went 0 for 1 and seen 1 other fish hooked on jig that got landed.Fished up higher today as you should be able to tell from pics and across the river.Lots of fish up there better make the trip if you can.downsized_0407120742a.jpgdownsized_0407121027.jpgdownsized_0407121057.jpgdownsized_0407121115.jpg

H
hawgcaller
Nice fish! River looks real good too.