Solid winter fishing on the fly

jamisonace

Most Featured
Quick afternoon on the river Friday. Trout fishing this time of year can be excellent....and lonely....which is a good thing.

Only boat on the river. High water so fish were stacked like firewood in soft water. Very soft takes so we missed more bites than we hooked and lost as many as we landed.

IMG_20200119_135623_253.jpg

Resized_20200117_152358.jpg

EOBOY

Quick afternoon on the river Friday. Trout fishing this time of year can be excellent....and lonely....which is a good thing.

Only boat on the river. High water so fish were stacked like firewood in soft water. Very soft takes so we missed more bites than we hooked and lost as many as we landed.
On the Mac? If so from Deerhorn to Hindricks? Or what ever that one is.....hehehe The water looks nice color!

flylooper

I hope you released those babies back to where they came from? They look like wild fish.

Irishrover

Most Featured
My eye are getting old but were you using a pheasant tail nymph and a prince nymph? The only time we fished together you were on them with the nymphs while I went fishless trying to force dry flies. Glad you had a good time.

jamisonace

Most Featured
My eye are getting old but were you using a pheasant tail nymph and a prince nymph? The only time we fished together you were on them with the nymphs while I went fishless trying to force dry flies. Glad you had a good time.
They were hitting the mega prince very consistently and I think I only got two or three to take the posse bugger.

I'm not ashamed to throw nymphs but we'll be using dries before too long.

You should join me for the March Brown hatch. I've learned a lot since the last time we fished.

hobster

They were hitting the mega prince very consistently and I think I only got two or three to take the posse bugger.

You should join me for the March Brown hatch. I've learned a lot since the last time we fished.
Nothing wrong with throwing nymphs, mega prince is my go to!

Irishrover

Most Featured

That was a few years ago. I do need to get back to fly fishing. Time to to start tying some March Browns up.