Soft hackle fly tying vid

M
mrlindeman
Active member
Last edited:
soft hackles are the best. one of the funnest ways to fish for trout and very effective. ill post some pictures of the soft hackles that i tie later this month. by the way soft hackes are most often fished on the swing rather then dead drifted under an indicator. they most often imitate emerging insects but work even when theres no hatch. i have caught fish using them fished under a heavier fly though also the video isn't loading very well,might be my computer but im not sure
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply man! :) I have never swung this pattern, I will definatly give it a try.

Thanks for movin this post to the correct area mods/ admins :)
 
mrlindeman said:
Thanks for the reply man! :) I have never swung this pattern, I will definatly give it a try.

Thanks for movin this post to the correct area mods/ admins :)

no problem. if you want to come fish when trout season opens i can show you how to fish them. just like swinging for steel. very fun and effective
 
Sounds great!!! :)
 
Thanks for the video. I tie my own flies and love to fish soft hackles, but never thought of tying some up using floss. Thanks for the tip.
 
forgot to ask what kind of hook are you using? that is pretty cool looking. i usually use the tmc 3769 or 3761 sizes 12-18 and use ice dub for a body
 
Its a hook I got for tying egg patterns. Im not sure what its style is but they are available at Wholesale. Great hooks.
 

Similar threads

W
Replies
8
Views
869
StillCreekSam
StillCreekSam
Irishrover
Replies
2
Views
8K
troutdude
troutdude
bass
Replies
2
Views
1K
bass
bass
troutdude
Replies
1
Views
449
FisherPete
F
bass
Replies
5
Views
1K
Billbob911
B
Back
Top Bottom