Smoked salmon yum!!!!

T

troutmasta

Just smoked my first salmon:yay:. Well my only salmon. But none the less it was Bomb!!!:D Used a dry brine on half of it (brown sugar, Garlic-lots of garlic,and salt) The other half I just smoked straight up. I used alder wood. Anybody got any other great smoking recipes. I plan on catching many more.

F

fishin_fool

sounds like you have a good recipe for you already... smoked salmon is always good just about everyway I have ever eaten it... but i also add a little worchestershire sauce to my brine just gives a little bit different flavor

J

JeannaJigs

My dad has the best brine I have ever tasted. Ever. He's goin' to his grave with the recipe though I think...I still haven't got it. If I get a fish, he'll make up the brine and bring it over lol. I have never ONCE seen him make it, it is all out stealth...it's amazing.

S

solution7

Wow thats Cool

Wow thats Cool

My dad has the best brine I have ever tasted. Ever. He's goin' to his grave with the recipe though I think...I still haven't got it. If I get a fish, he'll make up the brine and bring it over lol. I have never ONCE seen him make it, it is all out stealth...it's amazing.

I bet he tells you one day.

T

Thuggin4Life

I always do it a bit different. sea salt brown sugar teriyaki a1 worchester garlic honey water pepper. never make one exactly the same. i want to start trying to do a glaze of some kind halfway through the smoking. Also i have used alder cherry apple hickory chips and havent noticed that much of a dufference. even blended chips or switched them halfway through. Smoking is so much fun and i have never quite had the same taste but it always tastes good. never stick to one recipe try to switch it up.

O

OnTheFly

My son recently made a spicey smoked salmon dip with jalapenos, cream cheese, sour cream and other stuff. Turned out real good. Anyone interested in the recipe let me know. I'll twist his arm for it! :D

O

osmosis

salt, brown sugar, lemon pepper, garlic, onion, ginger and you're all set!

I tried maple sugar the other day and it was WAAYY too sweet.

O

osmosis

upriver sturgeon is not too good in my book, but estuary sturgeon is Great.
Firm boneless white meat.

You guys will have to try lightly smoked dungeness sometime. Just smoke it to taste after boiling and cracking/shelling it. smoked crab is awesome to mix it with cioppino or spaghetti sauce. by itself with garlic butter it makes for good dinner too!

M

Marvin's Guide Service

I love crab bet that would be good. but my problem would be eatin the crab befor it made it to the smoker.

T

troutmasta

I LOVE sturgeon. I trim of EVERY piece of fat. Cut it into little 1 in. cubes. Whip up some homemade beer batter and into the deep fryer. YUM YUM YUM! But then again I like anything fried.:lol:

T

Thuggin4Life

I used garlic powder, rock salt, seasoned salt, pepper, teriyaki, worchester, and made 4 racks. 1 rack is normal, 1 is peppered, one is getting a honey/brown sugar glaze, and 1 is peppered and glazed. We will see how they all turn out.

F

FishSchooler

upriver sturgeon is not too good in my book, but estuary sturgeon is Great.
Firm boneless white meat.

You guys will have to try lightly smoked dungeness sometime. Just smoke it to taste after boiling and cracking/shelling it. smoked crab is awesome to mix it with cioppino or spaghetti sauce. by itself with garlic butter it makes for good dinner too!

Is there another trick for de-boning (de-shelling) for crab? Am i the only one that just eats crab straight out of a steamer, plain n fresh? :rolleyes::shock:

T

Thuggin4Life

Is there another trick for de-boning (de-shelling) for crab? Am i the only one that just eats crab straight out of a steamer, plain n fresh? :rolleyes::shock:

Grab them by the legs upsidedown and pry there backs off on a counter or some kind of edge. I might try to smoke some crab one of these days. MMmmm every time I step outside to smoke all I can smell is that smoker.

C

Chrome_Chaser

That's a great idea on smoking crab Osmosis. Gonna have to try that.