Smallmouths biting on the Columbia or Willamette?

J
jellyfish
New here to posting...been lurking around for a while now. My dad is in town visiting the week and we thought we would try some bass fishing. Is it too cold still or are the smallmouths biting on the banks of the Columbia yet? If not how about the Willamette? Thanks for any input or other suggestions.

H
Hawk
An ex bass guide fish's (catch&release) the slough's & ponds off the Columbia & does reel well.
:D:D:D
:cool::cool:

Welcome to the Family bro/sis
:)

B
Basser@Heart
Hawk said:
An ex bass guide fish's (catch&release) the slough's & ponds off the Columbia & does reel well.
:D:D:D

Welcome to the Family bro/sis
:)

As in the Columbia slough? What part?? Thanks!

H
Hawk
Basser@Heart said:
As in the Columbia slough? What part?? Thanks!

ex bass guide (Roger) who posts on

ifish explores but doesn't say exxactly where on the Columbia & C&R a lot of bass, in sloughs & ponds, river mouth's feeding into the Columbia.
:lol::lol::lol:

T
Thuggin4Life
I did happen to see a bass boat out with 2 guys fishing the willamette were it meets the channel by the marina if that helps.

C
c_chickens
there all over the willy right now! any where from 4ft to 20ft! i caught 4 yesterday from the bank! biggest was 16inchs! the columbia is still slow!

F
Finneus Polebender
Caught LM in some off the Columbia mon but saw many SM swirlin out in mid waters, 2 broke water took the second to confirm species not use to them. In between Ptown and the Dalles. one of the multiple places on the south side of 84 think most have good fish.

J
jellyfish
Thanks for the info! Any recommendations on lures/worms/etc?

T
The Nothing
4" senkos, tubes on 1/4oz jigs, cranks...whatever

hell, I caught this one on 2/12, on a crank...

4349586745_c4271c22ee.jpg

If I can find SMB in February, using a ratltrap, you can find them everywhere on about anything by now...