Slow day on the willy

J
John B
It was a slow day on the Willamette today, Hit the water at 0:700 and went up to the power house hole. Landed 4 subs right off the bat and lost a keeper at the back of the boat due to
jumping and acrobats. Bite went off and it was hit and miss until about 1400 hrs. All told for
the day 16 subs, 1 keeper lost and 1 keeper that assumed room temp.(DEAD). :D:D:D:D:D

R
rainman
Good deal, glad you had fun. Did you have the usual suspects fishing with you ??

J
John B
Yep, usual gang of conservatives and independents.

T
troutmasta
John B said:
Yep, usual gang of conservatives and independents.

Well thats why you didn't catch anything.....gotta think outside the box:lol:
JUST KIDDING.... Glad you had a good time... It was gorgeous outside! I caught nothing but trash fish on the Willy the other day.

J
John B
We tried to fish like liberals today and used $10.00 bills for bait but could'nt buy a bite. Switched to
conservative, independent bait and the fish only wished they had health care and roll over insurance.
LOL, just sayin.

B
BlackTalon
Good one John B.

T
troutmasta
John B said:
We tried to fish like liberals today and used $10.00 bills for bait but could'nt buy a bite. Switched to
conservative, independent bait and the fish only wished they had health care and roll over insurance.
LOL, just sayin.

;)

R
rainman
John B said:
LOL, just sayin.

You used $10 CASH ?? Shoulda used $10 in food stamps, ya mighta got more fish. Just sayin'.

T
troutmasta
Shoulda just bombed the crap out of em'. That way they just float to the top. Forget about the smolts and the natives it would kill. It the cost of fishin. Just Sayin'

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Hurtful comments

Hurtful comments

Hey guys,how about we keep in mind that this is a fishing forum and not a political forum. If you want to discuss that you need to put it in a different thread under things not related to fishing.
As for the smart arse comments about food stamps,well,you obviously have never been affected by the economic downturn or been laid off through no fault of your own. Good for you! But,speaking for those of us who have been affected for quite some time now and in the past,those comments are more than a little hurtful. I don't believe a large percentage of people would choose to eek out a life living on food stamps and unemployment for long. As the economy continues in the downward spiral,who knows? you may find yourselves in the same position. I hope not,but be careful where you strut,there might be more potential fertilizer you haven't spotted. Nothing good comes from offending fellow members who are struggling to stay afloat.
Thank you for being more patient and compassionate fellow human beings.
And now,back to sturgeon fishing...

J
John B
You seem to be a little confused about the differences between liberials,conservatives, and independents.
In any event I'm not here to turn this into a political forum. I dont care about your political views or any
one elses, I'm here to share my fish interest with the other members and nothing else.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Not aiming at anyone

Not aiming at anyone

John B said:
You seem to be a little confused about the differences between liberials,conservatives, and independents.
In any event I'm not here to turn this into a political forum. I dont care about your political views or any
one elses, I'm here to share my fish interest with the other members and nothing else.

Whoa,nothing was directed at a specific member. Sorry you took it personally. I've had a couple pm's from members who are sensitive about recent events in their lives. My goal was simply to let members know how their comments can effect others.
As for my confusion,some people would say I live in the state of Confusion rather than the state of Oregon. :lol: Protocal simply says politics belongs in a different forum thread. By the way,it matters not a whit what anyone's politics are to me,but,rather their humanity.

T
troutmasta
Raincatcher said:
Hey guys,how about we keep in mind that this is a fishing forum and not a political forum. If you want to discuss that you need to put it in a different thread under things not related to fishing.
As for the smart arse comments about food stamps,well,you obviously have never been affected by the economic downturn or been laid off through no fault of your own. Good for you! But,speaking for those of us who have been affected for quite some time now and in the past,those comments are more than a little hurtful. I don't believe a large percentage of people would choose to eek out a life living on food stamps and unemployment for long. As the economy continues in the downward spiral,who knows? you may find yourselves in the same position. I hope not,but be careful where you strut,there might be more potential fertilizer you haven't spotted. Nothing good comes from offending fellow members who are struggling to stay afloat.
Thank you for being more patient and compassionate fellow human beings.
And now,back to sturgeon fishing...
I love sturgeon fishing. I'll still come BBQ for you too sometime.