Siuslaw crabbing?

Markk
Markk
Active member
Any reports?
Thanks
 
I've kinda given up crabbing the Siuslaw..
Last few times I tried there, I got very few legal size dungeness, and way too many green crabs.
Seems as though the Green crabs have pretty much replaced dungeness crabs there.
I was doing well there for a while and would much prefer to crab there even though the fishing for rock fish along the jetties while the traps soak was never productive.
But it's less than half the driving distance to the next closest crabbing area for me.
 
I have heard no reports. Last time I was out, Thanksgiving week, it was excellent but that was before all the rain we have had.

I have never pulled up a green crab in the Siuslaw, we shall see if I get any this year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Markk, plumbertom and LazyBrewer
Makes me wonder what part of the river you were crabbing in.
Last couple of times I tried, the result was about the same for each trip.
I was working from just inside the jetties up river to the CG dock on both sides.
The greenies were prevalent even though there were a number of undersize Dungeness.
 
Quite few greenies on the Mos dock!
 
  • Like
Reactions: plumbertom
plumbertom said:
Makes me wonder what part of the river you were crabbing in.
Last couple of times I tried, the result was about the same for each trip.
I was working from just inside the jetties up river to the CG dock on both sides.
The greenies were prevalent even though there were a number of undersize Dungeness.
Unless it's summer, I crab the Siuslaw low- from just above the green A7 buoy (near the diving stairs) down A4 and sometimes the CG lookout tower. I like ocean fresh crabs!

What sort of habitat do the greens like?
 
rogerdodger said:
Unless it's summer, I crab the Siuslaw low- from just above the green A7 buoy (near the diving stairs) down A4 and sometimes the CG lookout tower. I like ocean fresh crabs!

What sort of habitat do the greens like?
I usully do the same area and as far up as the CG dock.
And both sides.
As far as the greenies preferred habitat, I have no idea they just seem to be everywhere.
 

Similar threads

troutdude
Replies
0
Views
487
troutdude
troutdude
maxwyatt
Replies
4
Views
586
Bruce Chambers
B
Grant22
Replies
0
Views
428
Grant22
Grant22
U
Replies
0
Views
548
Utahutes
U
Bigmike
Replies
2
Views
792
Bigmike
Bigmike
Back
Top Bottom