Siltcoos 11-27

B
Bfishin
Made it out with Andy and Jeanna to Siltcoos today. Started off early and cold, but was well worth it. Switched up lures a bunch for a couple hours then finally got into this 10lb hen. It actually cut pretty poorly. Had some good mature eggs though. Andy and Jeanna got some nice fish as well. Had lots of fun out there today

• Singh 10lber.jpg
T
Throbbit _Shane
nice one! and go ducks!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Nice fish and it's nice to see you here again, seems like it's been a while.

F
fishingfreak
Bfishin said:
Made it out with Andy and Jeanna to Siltcoos today. Started off early and cold, but was well worth it. Switched up lures a bunch for a couple hours then finally got into this 10lb hen. It actually cut pretty poorly. Had some good mature eggs though. Andy and Jeanna got some nice fish as well. Had lots of fun out there today

I have been to the Wilson and Trask twice in the last month and caught a few, the Bucks and hens that looked good I had to release. The locals were saying the same thing that they all are cutting bad. Is this normal down there? The locals were keeping hens for eggs. Thats a nice fish great color. Good Job!

T
TTFishon
Nice fish man!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Raincatcher said:

He just lurks a lot.

J
JeannaJigs
fishingfreak said:
I have been to the Wilson and Trask twice in the last month and caught a few, the Bucks and hens that looked good I had to release. The locals were saying the same thing that they all are cutting bad. Is this normal down there? The locals were keeping hens for eggs. Thats a nice fish great color. Good Job!

Hens with mature eggs usually cut pretty poor compared to a much darker buck. All their nutrients go to those plump berries.

T
Thuggin4Life
JeannaJigs said:
Hens with mature eggs usually cut pretty poor compared to a much darker buck. All their nutrients go to those plump berries.

What she said. Worst cutting hen all year and deffinantly not the darkest. Jigs you should have seen the meat. So wheres your hog?

J
JeannaJigs
I had a nice bright fish on but she came unbuttoned after I got a glimpse of her...it yanked on my heart strings....that one woulda gone home. Sometime about thirty minutes layer, got into this burly buck that fought harder than any coho I've ever had on the other end of my line. He was angry. after a couple minutes of controlled chaos got him in and got the hooks out, snapped a picture and back into the drink he went. He woulda probably cut fine but there's something not right about eating a fish that jizzed on your leg. Just saying.

He was fat. I couldn't get my hand around his tail. Easily 15 pounds. The picture doesn't so this ho justice.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a333/Delapidation/a53b0d31.jpg

T
Thuggin4Life
That thing was a beast. Were did you catch that at? Looks like you were in a swamp.

J
JeannaJigs
Florida. Had to fight off gators to release it.

T
Thuggin4Life
Lmao!

R
rippin fish lips
JeannaJigs said:
Florida. Had to fight off gators to release it.

lol ur funny! way to go on gettin the coastal hos! good job andy, jigs, and bfishn

B
Bfishin
Throbbit _Shane said:
nice one! and go ducks!

Ya, go Ducks for sure! There was kind of Civil War tensions going on in the boat cuz Jeanna wore her Beavers sweatshirt:rolleyes:

B
Bfishin
Raincatcher said:

Hey thanks for the welcome back Barb. It HAS been quite a while since I've posted here. It's good to see all the familiar faces