Siletz 8/27/16


Hooked Up

Active member
Went with to the Siletz with MrGrumpFish and his 'new' boat, which is very nice I might add, to catch some Salmon. The day was slow for us and most of who we talked to. Being slow we didn't get skunked we had a dungeness crab and a Scapula which was the size of the lure.

We did see a leader break at the boat, heartbreaking. Heard at the dock that a Sealion grabbed someone's fish, took OFF with it ended up and ended up dropping it, the fish was still alive and fighting and was netted.

The best was a guy trolling right behind us whose reel fell OFF his rod when he set the hook! He managed to keep his composure and with the reel somewhat lodged against the rod landed a nice 25# fish. He was fishing the same setup as us, could've been ours!

Here are couple of pics.

Thanks again Chris! Can't wait to go again.
 

Attachments

TimberTodd

Well-known member
Sounds like a great day regardless Hans. I want to hit the mouth and toss spinners, but next weekends inevitable crowd is going to have me wait .
 

C_Run

Well-known member
We were there on Friday. Our friend had a takedown that didn't stick and we only saw one fish caught in 5 hours. Saw plenty on the screen and rolling but not much of a bite while we were there. That boat looks very comfy!
 

Hooked Up

Active member
TimberTodd;n598266 said:
Sounds like a great day regardless Hans. I want to hit the mouth and toss spinners, but next weekends inevitable crowd is going to have me wait .
Yea, next weekend will be a zoo most places. I'd be up for throwing some hardware with you.
 

Hooked Up

Active member
C_Run;n598267 said:
Saw plenty on the screen and rolling but not much of a bite while we were there.
We were marking fish as well as getting the "fin" from fish rolling. They just seemed to have lock jaw.

Yes, it's a really nice boat.
 

TimberTodd

Well-known member
Hooked Up;n598275 said:
Yea, next weekend will be a zoo most places. I'd be up for throwing some hardware with you.
Its going to be a couple of weeks from now, but I will give you a call and we will beat the water.
 

EOBOY

Well-known member
Hooked Up;n598260 said:
Went with to the Siletz with MrGrumpFish and his 'new' boat, which is very nice I might add, to catch some Salmon. The day was slow for us and most of who we talked to. Being slow we didn't get skunked we had a dungeness crab and a Scapula which was the size of the lure.

We did see a leader break at the boat, heartbreaking. Heard at the dock that a Sealion grabbed someone's fish, took OFF with it ended up and ended up dropping it, the fish was still alive and fighting and was netted.

The best was a guy trolling right behind us whose reel fell OFF his rod when he set the hook! He managed to keep his composure and with the reel somewhat lodged against the rod landed a nice 25# fish. He was fishing the same setup as us, could've been ours!

Here are couple of pics.

Thanks again Chris! Can't wait to go again.
OK, I've never seen a crab caught while trolling........:hi:Looks like there was lots of EXTRA seats ! Anyone need a cook?
 

Hooked Up

Active member
EOBOY;n598292 said:
OK, I've never seen a crab caught while trolling........:hi:
Catching a crab trolling is a 1st for me. Guess who wasn't paying close enough attention to the water depth!:sad:
 

C_Run

Well-known member
Well, two of us went back for about another 5+ hours today and got skunked again. We did hear of some fish caught, especially earlier in the day. Water was 68 degrees when we left. I think I'm going to give it a few weeks and try again.
 

Top