Shimano solstace 2500FI????

K
kastmaster
well i just picked one up earlier today for like 40 bucks at sportsmans, and had it spooled with treline XL #6 seems like a nice real, it feels nice, decent gearing, sturdy bail and a good name. just wondering if anyone has used tis reel yet, ahhhh i can't break it in until sunday and its killing me already:think:

G
GrillMaster
Shimano`

Shimano`

Be very careful, you will become addicted very quickly; pretty soon you will be staying up late at night finding your self surfing all the sites that have Shimano products. Trust me you have never spent your money so wisely before in your life.

GM

K
kastmaster
thank you GM, however this makes me want to go try it out even more! damn. my father has an OLD shimano (1960's ish) and he fishes with that thing every time he goes out, he got #10 maxima on it thata been on there since i can remember, i guess thats a good thing though, maybe thay means this reel will help to keep the damn knots out of my line!!!!

G
GrillMaster
Welcome

Welcome

I, like Troutski have a complete arsenal of Shimano reels and am very taken by them. A couple of which I a almost embarrassed of how much I paid for them, that being said the key word in that sentence is "almost". You should give a Stradic a try some time, then again; maybe you shouldn't.:think:
Tight lines

GM

K
kastmaster
so i couldnt stand just looking at it any longer, i went town to EE wilson to give it a shot, the reel preformed beautifully, it was a joy to operate, the drag was so precise and smooth, and the bail worked flawlessly after being broken in, so far, money well spent.

M
metalmania
I have 4 shimano reels for salmon/steel, and I don't plan on buying anything other than shimano's:D.

A
Anyfishisfine
I just bought a 2500FI today and matched it with a 9' Shimano Cennan. The Cennan was $200 on sale for $89, so I kind of broke my budget saving money, however that works, but I'm pumped.

I was looking at the Stradic, but I compromised for the pole. I think I'm gonna be happy no matter what.