salmon/stone flies for the deschutes

F
flytrekker1007
I'm buying all my flies at BigYfly co. because I my friend knows the owner but I'm wondering out of all the stone/salmon flies he has which do you guys recommend? And is it safer to go with a smaller size earlier in the hatch?Salmonflies, stoneflies, trout flies

brandon4455
brandon4455
i 100% recomend stimulators.. they catch me trout consistently while stones are hatching. ive heard good stuff about the clarks stone and yellow sallies.dont go without the kaufmanns stonefly or a beadh head prince either. im sure a few more peeps will chime in. i'm a newb and i don't have the best advice to give :lol:

F
flytrekker1007
just spent $200 on flies! Jeez! I'm ready!

brandon4455
brandon4455
flytrekker1007 said:
just spent $200 on flies! Jeez! I'm ready!

damn dude set much? LOL tose will last for quite a long time im sure. good luck out there

F
flytrekker1007
its for me and my buddy

brandon4455
brandon4455
B
bigsteel
size 10 stimulators or a size 8 clarks stone with a silveys caddis pupa as a trailer.

F
flytrekker1007
i picked up both of those flies. I have never tied on a tailer with a dry fly. How does that work?

B
bigsteel
just clinch knot around the bend of your dry fly hook and leave about 12 inches of tippet and tie on a small beadhead nymph or a soft hackle.the fish will tell you whether they are eating on top or right below the surface film