Salish ponds fishing

J
Joeh11
Anyone know if and when odfw stocked it this week, never fished there before but saw they was suppose to stock it

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF.

There used to be a phone number, at their Clackamas office, that you could dial for stocking confirmations. But that service no longer exists and has been defunct for a few years now. It's the old addage of paying more for licenses; and getting less services in return.

ODFW also does not guarantee that any scheduled stocking, will actually occur. And it can happen any day of the week. So the only way to know for sure, unfortunately, is to get out there and find out.

Please share reports and pics of your trips. We love to read good stories and see the fish that get caught and/or caught and safely released.

Happy trails, and tight lines...TD

Last edited:
Reactions: Casting Call
G
gslat
My buddy was there Monday morning (10/2) and said they stocked it then. 2400 total with 470 trophies. The schedule said they were only gonna stock it with 667 trophies, but I was over there on Tuesday and caught 6 that were 11" - 13". Panther Martin spinners and pink Power Eggs were working for me. Good luck!

Reactions: trout ninja
J
Joeh11
Thank you, that's awesome!!

J
Joeh11
I haven't fished there before us there allot of bank space to fish and I heard it gets pretty crowded with people, does it?

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
Joeh11 said:
I haven't fished there before us there allot of bank space to fish and I heard it gets pretty crowded with people, does it?
i’ve been there many times for trout, and the fishing is always great, as long as you get there early enough generally, there will be spots open, and I have found the most productive area for me is towards spot number 18. it’s a little bit strange as you’ll see you when you get there it’s not an open bank there are numbered spots that go along the pond.

J
Joeh11
Ok thanks

troutdude
troutdude
FYI 11-13" bows are not trophy size. Trophy size--if not mistaken--are 16-18" fish, or maybe slightly larger too. NOT to imply that the post above, was saying anything differently.

Ergo it likely hasn't been stocked yet. So today, or tomorrow, may be the day to go.

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
troutdude said:
FYI 11-13" bows are not trophy size. Trophy size--if not mistaken--are 16-18" fish, or maybe slightly larger too. NOT to imply that the post above, was saying anything differently.

Ergo it likely hasn't been stocked yet. So today, or tomorrow, may be the day to go.
Went out 5:30 to sunset with nothing but saw plenty caught. It is definitely the time to go.

J
Joeh11
Well I went with my son there yesterday, got a 10"trout , helped a guy net a 18 trout, but got very few bites and saw very few caught and way over crowded

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
Joeh11 said:
Well I went with my son there yesterday, got a 10"trout , helped a guy net a 18 trout, but got very few bites and saw very few caught and way over crowded
I was there yesterday from first light around 645 to about 1 o’clock and we caught anywhere from 8 to 10 trout ranging from 10 to 14 inches on green and orange power eggs off the bottom