Rod I.D. / value needed

troutdude
troutdude
Hey OFFers; I picked up a Lamiglas today that I'm unfamiliar with. It's a 7' "Hook Em" series rod, model # HS70MHR, and for 12-25 lb. line. And it's a casting rod, with trigger grip. The guides appear, to be rollers instead of typical guides.

I'm leaning towards, a salt water rod...maybe for bottom fishing. But I don't know, if that's correct. So I'm asking for help, to know what type of fishing it is built for. I'd also like to know, what it may have sold for when new.

BTW, I already Googled it--and struck out.

Chromatose
Chromatose
Rollers are used for Trolling. As to the Lamiglas New/Old Value, you can try calling (360) 225-9436

T
TimberTodd
Is it possible that someone custom tied the rod from a blank?

troutdude
troutdude
Thank you Chromie; I'll try that number this week. Yeah, rollers wouldn't be used for bottom fishing (I would surmise).

TT, all of the wraps are extremely tight, well done, and uniform. Leads me think, it was a factory built rod.

My first thought was that, it's a tuna trolling rod. I'll let you guys know, what I find out.

Here is a pic, of one of the guides:

Lamiglas roller guide.jpg

P
plumb2fish
Could be a halibut rod, but the 12-25lb line rating doesn't make sense for a salt water rod especially with roller guides

W
wils
a 12-25# rod is not a typical trolling rod for the salt. 12-25# line would snap on HOOK-UUUU----crap! ...unless youre trolling for small salmon, of course. :)
the pistol grip wouldnt hold a reel with enough line capacity to consistently fight tunas over the size of a small salmon.

a 12-25# rod with all rollers? Its not built for efficient casting or for casting very far.
halibut & lingcod under 25# would be fun on that rod.

troutdude
troutdude
I just found another pic, online. It's the same rod, exactly. So it appears, to be factory made. The person that was selling that rod, back in 2013, describe it as:

"high quality in great condition with lightweight micro roller guides and cork handles great for Calico bass fishing or Swimbait fishing for largemouth bass"

I've just sent an email message, to the Lamiglas peeps. I'll let you all know, what I find out.