rigging soft plastics

brandon4455
brandon4455
well, here i am finally losing my mind and trying to fish for virtually every species of fish in the valley this year. bass are back on my list (lm and sm) and im not the brightest bass fisherman. my whole life ive pretty much used real crawdads..inline spinners,spinnerbaits, and topwater.. and now im moving on to soft plastics.. but i dont know too much about them. i only know of a few rigs.. carolina and texas rigs.. are there any other major ways to rig a soft plastic i should know about or do these two cover everything? this includes worms,craws etc..you know.. all the molded plastic stuff..

Last edited:
R
ryan808
Carolina, Texas, Wacky, Shackyhead, Neko (wacky with a weight on the head), Texas (weightless) the list goes on and on, but the first three is all you need.

C
colbypearson
ryan808 said:
Carolina, Texas, Wacky, Shackyhead, Neko (wacky with a weight on the head), Texas (weightless) the list goes on and on, but the first three is all you need.

dropshot foo LOL just kidding ya texas rigs and wacky rigs is all i really use as well as dropshot

R
ryan808
Thats right, I almost forgot my I can't catchem on anything else so I guess I go to the drop shot rig..:D I have to say the DS has taken the skunk out of a few fishing trips.

C
colbypearson
ryan808 said:
Thats right, I almost forgot my I can't catchem on anything else so I guess I go to the drop shot rig..:D I have to say the DS has taken the skunk out of a few fishing trips.

yep if all else fails, i darthead more though i have become really good dartheading spotted bass at shasta

brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks for your input guys, i really appriciate it.

brandon

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Hey Brandon - if you haven't lately, check muh blog out - a couple days back I posted up a couple of the soft plastic bass rigs I use, w/ pix. I plan on putting up a few more detailed write ups soon.

C
Combat Chuck
and tubes!

brandon4455
brandon4455
GungasUncle said:
Hey Brandon - if you haven't lately, check muh blog out - a couple days back I posted up a couple of the soft plastic bass rigs I use, w/ pix. I plan on putting up a few more detailed write ups soon.

will do.