Report: stolen 13 foot Sylvan aluminum Honda 20 hp motor

F
FishLife89
I woke up this morning to go fishing and noticed my sylvan 13 foot boat was stolen. Here is a picture, if you see it please contact me. This is what it looks like. It has a brand new honda 20 hp motor on it.

• IMG_68678767103772.jpeg
Last edited:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
well that sucks, we will keep an eye out for it down here on the Siuslaw...roger

F
FishLife89
rogerdodger said:
well that sucks, we will keep an eye out for it down here on the Siuslaw...roger

Yeah it does. Thanks Roger I appreciate it that's where I love spending my time fishing too. Thanks!

Cam

Troutski
Troutski
I'll lkeep an eye out...

I'll lkeep an eye out...

What a total bummer, I will keep an eye down south in case they try to unload it. Wish there was more one could do to help out, my heart goes out to you...

Chuck

F
FishLife89
Troutski said:
What a total bummer, I will keep an eye down south in case they try to unload it. Wish there was more one could do to help out, my heart goes out to you...

Chuck

I really appreciate it. You guys on here are awesome and supportive that's why I felt it'd be nice to post this. Someone will see it. Plus they can't do anything without the title... But the motor :(

Markk
Markk
Watch for it on Craigs list

W
waco
Wow that sucks man!! I hope you find it soon with the motor, I'll keep my eyes open here in tillamook!!!

E
eugene1
Dang! that sucks big time. Hope you get it back or at least have some options with insurance.

Best,

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
I work with the Lane Co. Sheriff and if I hear anything I let you know

F
FishNinja
I'll keep my eyes open in Newport! Hope you get er back in one piece.

F
FishLife89
FishNinja said:
I'll keep my eyes open in Newport! Hope you get er back in one piece.

Hey I just wanted to say thank you to everyone. It really sucks and I totally feel violated since it was right in front of my house. I'm not going to assume I'll see it in one piece. If anyone knows of any boats around the 4,000-6,000 range let me know I won't let these a holes keep me off the water. This boat had a lot of sentimental value to me but things happen and people suck. Thanks again everyone for keeping your eyes peeled.

Cam

bass
bass
Dude that sucks!

Your location says Eugene/Hillsboro, where was the boat stolen? Was the trailer stolen as well? If so any identifying marks on the trailer?

I will certainly keep my eyes peeled. Best of luck.

F
FishLife89
bass said:
Dude that sucks!

Your location says Eugene/Hillsboro, where was the boat stolen? Was the trailer stolen as well? If so any identifying marks on the trailer?

I will certainly keep my eyes peeled. Best of luck.

Thanks a lot. It's in Eugene where it was stolen and the trailer is an ez loader one side of the rail where the carpet is has a little coming off. The trailer was stolen with a lock on it thanks a ton!

Cam

Casting Call
Casting Call
I"ll ask around my area, Lincoln City. CC

E
eugene1
I was thinking about your stolen boat on and off all day, FishLife! What a bummer it was stolen first, but on all days the one you get up early and planning to go fish it!! Sickening.

If someone stole my boat (my baby- I don't have kids, I have a boat) I'd lose it! Sounds like you had a lock on it at least, but they can be bypassed. Heads up to all boat owners from this incident anyway, keep your boat out of sight if possible or maybe drape some heavy logging chain around the wheels with a couple of locks for some added deterrence from the ever present tweaker army. I keep mine in the garage and feel like I'm lucky to be able to do so, when on an overnight fishing trip, I break out lots of chain and wrap the boat and engines up tighter than a wrapped K15 kwikie. My buddies think I'm paranoid and I suppose I am. I still sleep poorly on those nights, but at least there's lots of chain that makes NOISE if someone is messing with it.

Glad you have some guys keeping an eye out for it up there. I heard that you can notify the outboard company (Honda in your case), and if the engine comes in for whatever reason they can spot that it's stolen. Worth looking into.

If I still lived in the EUG, you'd be the next guy I invited out fishing for those nooks at the coast.

Best,

C_Run
C_Run
I'll keep my out as well wherever I am. I was wondering about the registration numbers. It's got to have numbers, right. Will the thieves have to apply fake numbers to a stolen boat? How's that going to work?

E
eugene1
Just a wild guess here, but I think they targeted that sweet new 20hp, not the boat. You can sell an outboard on a distant CL site and make some EZ money. Boats are harder to unload, so at least the hull may show up sometime. Problem with trailers in OR is that you don't need to register them, so again an EZ sale. I'd keep up with every OR and WA CL for the next year if it were mine.

Good luck,

H
Hendo30
my eyes are peeled up here in Aloha/Beaverton area. I will put out the word to others that frequent the waters around town. Nothing worse than a theif ...glad to hear you say that you wont let "them" keep you away or off the water.

T
troutmasta
Horrible bud. If I see em I'll open fire.

H
HereFishy
Sorry man. I'd be PISSED. I'll keep an eye out on the Willamette and Santiam. What's the registration number on the hull? All I can make out is OR 816.. I'm sure that'd be enough to identify it. But what are the last 2 letters? A serial number from your motor would help us Craigslist browsers keep an eye out..