Registration

J
joesnuffy
So I've been being lazy with my boat registration and changing the title over. I didn't expect the weather we are having right now, it should be snowing, not in the 50's. I sent off my boat info and money to the OSMB early last week.

About how long do you think, from experience, will it take for me to get my registration back so I can go out on the water?

thanks!

T
Thuggin4Life
Well if you did it at the marina you should have a reciept and some paperwork with a temporary registration. I haven't re registered a boat yet but if its like a car and they send you the forms and you send in the money and wait then I would be calling everyday until the day it is processed then if you get stopped while waiting for the mail at least when the cop runs the info it will show in the system that you paid for them and the registarton is valid. I think when i registered my boat they said it could take up to 60 days in tha mail but i got them in a rather quickly maybe 2-3 weeks at the most.

Last edited:
H
Hawk
joesnuffy said:
So I've been being lazy with my boat registration and changing the title over. I didn't expect the weather we are having right now, it should be snowing, not in the 50's. I sent off my boat info and money to the OSMB early last week.

About how long do you think, from experience, will it take for me to get my registration back so I can go out on the water?

thanks!

When i bought my last boat, i think it took 5 to 10 business days for the new title to come in the mail.

After that for new tags i did that through their internet website. Tags came quickly.

Best of Luck Bro...

:D

J
joesnuffy
Hawk said:
When i bought my last boat, i think it took 5 to 10 business days for the new title to come in the mail.

That sounds a lot better!

I've already paid for the registration, i had to do a "lost title" after they said i didn't have to..... argh! It should have all been done last fall.

H
Hawk
joesnuffy said:
That sounds a lot better!

I've already paid for the registration, i had to do a "lost title" after they said i didn't have to..... argh! It should have all been done last fall.

I would think if you wanted to fish now, like Thuggin' was saying, maybe call the Marine Board. They could probably email you a receipt, then you print it out in case you got stopped.

G
gordo
This isn't registration necessarily, but I bought the Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention permit online for my 12'6" inflatable kayak on Feb. 2nd. I was hoping OSMB would send me a waterproof permit like the fishing permits, but I haven't received anything yet. I did print my receipt for the interim, but I'd like a waterproof one so this doesn't get destroyed... maybe it just takes a while, but maybe I should call the OSMB to find out. Curious to know how long your registration ends up taking... did they cash the check yet?

Y
yakker2
I did a first time registration to put a motor on and they had me have it inspected.the inspector came right to my house.they had issued me a temporary even before the inspection.I did this in jan. and the whole process was done within 2 weeks.they warn you about delays and tell you to be patient during peak times.

B
Bass Ackwards
Just got mine last week and it took about 2 weeks

J
joesnuffy
LOL, it figures that as soon as i post something about it, something happens. The title showed up yesterday. :p Now where is the registration at? I need to look at my paperwork at lunch.

B
Bass Ackwards
Thats right...My bad. I got my title first and about 2-3 days later I got my registration card and boat tags

J
joesnuffy
i got the registration the very next day!!!! woohoo!

So it was about 1.5 weeks to get everything.