Reg question

M
mccarrel
Heading to the Kilchis tomorrow. The regs confused me a bit and I was wondering if you're allowed to keep a native fall chinook or not.

P
PNW Sam
You can keep any Fall Chinook between Aug. 1 - Dec. 31. Upstream from N. Fork and all tribs including N. Fork closed.

For springers you can only keep fin clipped, and steelhead is also fin clipped only.

Good luck.

T
todd_brooks
Too late I'm sure if your fishing today. But there are chum in there and their strictly catch and release.

M
mccarrel
Didn't see any chum but did land a dark Fall Chinook buck. Decided to release it.

T
todd_brooks
That there in your hands is a chum. Its a pretty dark fish and not a real clear picture but I'm 95% sure thats a chum judging by the over sized teeth and the red strips on his side. Definitely a good thing you let em go.

M
mccarrel
Its not the best pic but he didn't have oversized teeth and the only red coloration was towards the belly. Its a Chinook, I've caught chum before and they have stripes and bucks get a hump. He looks exactly like a late springer I caught in the Sandy in august.