Reccommedation for fishing tommorrow?

K

kayakkid

I want to go fish tommorrow, but am new to the area and would appreciate some reccommendations on where to go. I live in Salem. I was hoping to fish one of the rivers on the coast, south of Tillamook. Any ideas?

K

kayakkid

Salmon Steelhaed. I know it is a bit early for steelhead, and a bit late for salmon. I just need to get out and catch some fish!

Last edited:
K

kayakkid

only in my dreams! Nope!

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Short list

Short list

I haven't been out in way too long,but here is my short list for around Salem without having to drive to PDX. Santiam at I-5 rest area N. of Jefferson. Willamette in Salem or Independence. Siletz toward the coast. Hopefully someone who has been out "catching" will let you know more info.

B

beaverfan

I don't know much about the rivers south of Tillamook but the rivers north of Tillamook should have some fall Chinook in em.

K

kayakkid

I was thinking like the Nestucca, Maybe the Wilson or the Trask. Just looking for a good prospect in that area. If anybody does have any good ideas, location and technique would also be helpful.

B

beaverfan

I would say the Trask and Wilson would be a good option. I would try the Trask or Kilchis for fall Chinook. In fact I just might do that on Monday.

K

kayakkid

how is the access? any good drifts?

B

beaverfan

Ya the Trask and Wilson have a bunch of access. There should be fish throughout both rivers so just pick a spot and check it out. As for the Kilchis, I have only fished it one time and that was in the summer for Cutthroat so not really sure what to expect. I know access is kinda limited though.

K

kayakkid

what about the Nestucca? or the Salmon?

Last edited:
B

beaverfan

Never fished it. Check out the area on Google Map, you should be able to get an idea of some access points.