Rant!

Casting Call
Casting Call
I want all comments, good or bad. I have seen so many members give out advise and REQUEST feedback. I very seldom see a feedback comment in return. I have only seen 1/50 feedback comment. It makes one not want to give advice if only to be acknowledged. What have you seen? Tony

Reactions: Raincatcher
Casting Call
Casting Call
YA! I put on my big boy pants. lol Tony

Reactions: jamisonace
Irishrover
Irishrover
Have to agree. Just acknowledgment is sufficient.

Reactions: Raincatcher
plumbertom
plumbertom
I read any number of posts that I don't comment on.
Often it's because I have no opinion due to lack of knowledge or nothing useful to contribute and sometimes it turns out what is posted didn't interest me.
IT's better to look at the number of views than the comments if you want to see if your getting out.

Reactions: fromthelogo and wils
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
I’m unsure what you mean Tony, that people don’t come back by after the fact to tell you how your advice worked for them?

If that’s what you mean… yeah, that ratio is l-o-w. I have helped a lot of people over the years between forums back in the day and working fishing tackle retail.

It’s a very low number of people who will let you know if what you gave them was helpful, but it is pretty rewarding when it happens.

Reactions: DonF
Casting Call
Casting Call
S.S. You understood exactly my point. Thanks for your incites. It's discouraging and somewhat disrespectful. Even a "thank you" is enough. Tony

jamisonace
jamisonace
Casting Call said:
I want all comments, good or bad. I have seen so many members give out advise and REQUEST feedback. I very seldom see a feedback comment in return. I have only seen 1/50 feedback comment. It makes one not want to give advice if only to be acknowledged. What have you seen? Tony
There are certain offenders I don't pay attention to anymore. I've also seen people ask for advice on a certain lake or river and someone gives advice and requests a report which is hardly ever done. A little appreciation or some follow up is always nice.

This is not to say no one does it. There are some guys here that have given both feedback and reports. I appreciate that.

REELY HOOKED
REELY HOOKED
Very telling, no replys. Thanks

jamisonace
jamisonace
I have a kind of related rant. I have always dropped off fish to people that have told me they love fish and would love to eat some. I've noticed that there are some people that go out of their way to thank me and others from whom I never hear a word. Guess who gets more fish. Recently, I gave two families steelhead on a cedar plank with various herbs and wrap it in plastic. Makes a nice presentation and is my favorite way to grill steelhead. Again, one family didn't utter a peep about it and the other went on and on about how they loved it and their kids loved it.
I guess the thing that I've found the most strange is the better off these people are, the less likely they will be to offer gratitude. Not always the case but it's rare that I give fish to someone on fixed income or disability and they aren't incredibly grateful or try to pay me back in some way.

I'm not too proud to say it.....I like to be thanked for these things. Probably because I'm an A-hole and its make me feel better about myself.

Reactions: NKlamerus, Casting Call and plumbertom
Casting Call
Casting Call
My responses were the same as yours. Either you like me, or you don't. Tony