Quartzville

K
ketts05
Hi, new to the forum. Anyway spent part of the last two days up at Quartzville creek between Green Peter and Yellowbottom campground. I had almost no luck (one 5" rainbow on my second time fly fishing), other than that nothing but 1-2 inch fishes chasing flies through the water. (Also tried a tiny bit w/ power bait in a deeper pool w/ no luck). Anyway in the time I was there (two to three hours each day) I didn't even get a peak at any fish of legal size even.
Just curious if anyone else has had similar luck or am I just in the wrong spot? I saw that ODFW is stocking that creek today... hopefully that will put some more nice sized fish in the water? ALSO does anyone know where they stock the fish on quartzville?

C
Combat Chuck
All that I have ever caught up there were natives; never been able to find the stockers either. Ive only been up a couple times so I havent searched extremely hard.

K
ketts05
I have been there in the past and caught a few stockers at the big deep pool right at the campground but as I said before even there I didn't see anything worth writing about.

L
LazyAngler
Limit out

Limit out

Was up there with the family a couple times a couple weeks ago. First day, me and the two kids caught our limit in planters. All above 10 inches though. We kept fishing until we got sick of catching them. That was up past Yellowbottom park. A few days later over the weekend we brought the little boat up and I caught my limit in Quartzville, all above 14 inchers. It's a great fishing area if you stumble into the right hole. Camping is great too and free.

R
R&M Boatsaleslady
ketts05 said:
Hi, new to the forum. Anyway spent part of the last two days up at Quartzville creek between Green Peter and Yellowbottom campground. I had almost no luck (one 5" rainbow on my second time fly fishing), other than that nothing but 1-2 inch fishes chasing flies through the water. (Also tried a tiny bit w/ power bait in a deeper pool w/ no luck). Anyway in the time I was there (two to three hours each day) I didn't even get a peak at any fish of legal size even.
Just curious if anyone else has had similar luck or am I just in the wrong spot? I saw that ODFW is stocking that creek today... hopefully that will put some more nice sized fish in the water? ALSO does anyone know where they stock the fish on quartzville?

Try gold pann'en instead!!! LOL didn't see any far up maybe by damn last time I was there.

Troutski
Troutski
LazyAngler said:
Was up there with the family a couple times a couple weeks ago. First day, me and the two kids caught our limit in planters. All above 10 inches though. We kept fishing until we got sick of catching them. That was up past Yellowbottom park. A few days later over the weekend we brought the little boat up and I caught my limit in Quartzville, all above 14 inchers. It's a great fishing area if you stumble into the right hole. Camping is great too and free.

Gotta be the coolest words for us over nighters; that love the upper areas.
Great memories in that area.:clap::)

Chuck

S
SmallStreams
If you've got the ability to hike and bust through brush, you might want to try that other major tributary of Green Peter Resevoir... and the camping's free over there, too. I caught a 13" rainbow and one of my friends caught a 13" cutthroat (finally saw the proof that cutthroats are in there!) on the 25th. Lower section (where there are no roads) has the bigger fish.

You would not believe how acrobatic those rainbow are... and what a freight train a cutthroat can be.