puttin in practice for openning day

R
RiverSideKid
so im going up little fall creek to get some fishing in to figure out what the fish are biting on this year, any one know of some other spots besides fall creek area thats pretty good, and for all the critics i have, yes i practice catch and release unless keeping is aloud.

B
beaverfan
My interpretation of the regulations is that that's not legal. You can't go fishing and target a species that is closed in that water, even if your catch and releasing. I don't know which Fall Creek you are talking about because there are several. Unless the regs state that it is open year round catch and release and for part of the year for keepers. I could be wrong but that's what I was taught.

T
Thuggin4Life
best bet is to keep a reg book in the car. i carry a fishing and boating reg book in my jeep. i was just up little fall creek steelhead fishing but managed to catch a few trout. you would be suprized at the size of lure i was using that was catching some of the size of fish i caught. its c&r up there right now for trout until opening day. hopefully your not the reason why some of my childhood trout holes seemed to have no fish in them. please try to save some fish for everyone to enjoy. if you want to catch some trout go to the boat ramp that is just downriver day island park in springfield. i went down there today they must have just stocked it. we saw hundreds of fish popping out of the water and caught so many we lost track.

B
beaverfan
So I take it you are talking about the Fall Creek that runs into the middle fork of the Willy? If so yep it's catch and release from Fall Creek Reservoir down to the mouth. Then 5 trout a day! Wow a stream with a five fish limit. Must have a decent population of trout then? I might have to give it a try. What's the best way to get there?

T
Thuggin4Life
All places you can keep trout are 5 a day as far as i know. And for getting there for some reason i don't think i should disclose the info. Go up above the lake when trout season opens. They stock it and you can catch your limit of pellet heads up there. Just realized that you started this chris. Guess it wasn't you who fished out the spots we were fishing. Have fun volunteering at Mt. Pisgah i'm takin the boat to ballenger tomorrow.Check out the ballenger thread i know you want to fish that pond something bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18406ej
R
RiverSideKid
well im not just going to fish anywhere people, i do adbide by the rules and no it wasn't me who fished out that dam spot

L
liquidplumber
RiverSideKid said:
well im not just going to fish anywhere people, i do adbide by the rules and no it wasn't me who fished out that dam spot
Don't take offense I think every one is ichtin to get out there.By the way welcome to the forum.I can't wait.Good luck

Troutski
Troutski
Your rights...

Your rights...

RiverSideKid said:

Hey, you have just as much right to the fish as anyone else, and what you do with your catch is up to you. This forum is for helping other anglers become successful, if you go by the rules then it is entirely up to you what you do with your catch..
Oh yea welcome to OFF...enjoy and tight lines.

Chuck