Prineville Res.

D
DonF
I know the upper part is nothing more than a river now but read a rumor down by the dam there's more water, no launch though. Said they were catching crappie to about 15". Anyone else heard about that? I'm about ready to go take a look!

Reactions: plumbertom
plumbertom
plumbertom
Last time I caught big crappie that size was from Lake San Antonio on the CA coat just outside Paso Robles.
The lake was very, very low at that time.
Just tossing a white curly tail with a 16th oz. lead head was producing a fish on almost every cast, with my biggest at that time topping 3 lbs.
I'd be interested in how you do if you choose to go. I doubt I could get there from Eugene, over the hump due to snow to try, even if I could afford the diesel fuel for my truck to go.

D
DonF
My diesel stays parked except for hauling heavy stuff. Fuel just to high for me.Looks like I'm not going to Prineville till Monday now. Shop should be open then!

• Angry
N
newfydog
They have been getting bigger and bigger as the water got lower and lower. Last spring I still managed to get my inflatable out there and they were good sized. How do you fish for them in winter conditions?

• pvl2.jpg
D
DonF
Well don't know! But thinking of drifting ome jigs under bobber's pretty slow.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Yesterday a friend sent me a picture of the reservoir, it was frozen over and a shell of its former self.

• Wow
D
DonF
Went to Bowman Damn yesterday and there was water but way below boat ramp. Walked down but didn't stay very long, way to much wind blowing for me. Looks like a few other people had walked down too but no one there while I was.

• Sad
Reactions: newfydog and plumbertom