Pontoon bag leaks

N
nativefish
i have an 8ft bucks bag that I bought used a couple years ago. The pontoons are nice they have a bladder you can pull out of the pontoon bag, and the bag is made out of pvc type stuff I think. anyways the bag is leaking and trapping water inside, but the air bladder is fine. The air bladder is not punctured it is just the bag that is leaking. so I was wondering if I should seal the bag like aqua seal the seams or should I leave it to wear the bag just holds some water?

W
waco
I would seal it but I'm no expert!

O
OnTheFly
Call Bucks Bags in Idaho and ask them what to do. My Bucks Bags Bronco was leaking air at the valve seal so I called those guys and they told me I just had to re-align the valve with the inner bladder and cover and he would send me the special valve wrench to do it for 10 dollars. They're pretty proud of their product so they are pleased to help.

N
nativefish
OnTheFly said:
Call Bucks Bags in Idaho and ask them what to do. My Bucks Bags Bronco was leaking air at the valve seal so I called those guys and they told me I just had to re-align the valve with the inner bladder and cover and he would send me the special valve wrench to do it for 10 dollars. They're pretty proud of their product so they are pleased to help.

thanks guys

1 nut in the water
Shoe Goo- repairs anything and last forever.

O
OnTheFly
Here's something else I once had to do to my boat. Somehow one of the pontoons suffered severe chafing damage on the outside cover while in the back of my pickup. It wore all the way through to the fibers almost to the bladder. It was a four inch scrape. The only type of patch that would work was one made for heavy duty rafts. I found such patching materials at Ollie Damons in SE Portland. If you ever need to do that, spend the 30 bucks and do it right. It's a process but worth the effort. That patch is so fused to my boat it's probably stronger than the covering. Color matches too.