Places to fish!

L
Luis Dominguez
okay guys, the wife is gone this weekend so I get a full day of fishing. I work a lot so I never get a full day of bass fishing. Anyone willing to give up a honey hole for the day? Lol any ideas as to where theyre biting at right now? Caught a few small ones at st louis lately and at salish but I'm scared to try new places cause I'd feel like I'm wasting my time. I will be bank fishing.

C_Run
C_Run
I'm scared to try new places

C'mon, Luis, seriously. You just need to go! I'll be trying a new place this week and am approaching it with low expectations. Never been there before but will be bringing my A-game, such as it is.

Reactions: Luis Dominguez
S
samuelboi
I'll try to look for new places to fish as well.

B
Bike 'N' Fish
I'm curious if there is a post (or sticky somewhere?) about good locations for fishing. Does anyone keep a running tab on that? I understand the frustration of getting a day to go fishing and then not getting a hit all day..I'm patient, but I like to at least have some action!

P
pinstriper
Check the odfw's 50 places ti fish around portland and work your way through the list. Failing that, get The Book.

hobster
hobster
Bike 'N' Fish;n605944 said:
I'm curious if there is a post (or sticky somewhere?) about good locations for fishing. Does anyone keep a running tab on that? I understand the frustration of getting a day to go fishing and then not getting a hit all day..I'm patient, but I like to at least have some action!

Not to be a jerk, but I certainly hope not. Don't be skerd to try new places and adventures. It's not always about catching fish ya know guys. There was a day when anglers went out and explored new areas to fish without help. I know it still happens but........

e5af294fe76a05cce3e743f4522a4d1d.jpg

Reactions: pinstriper
T
TravisMac
hobster;n605946 said:
Not to be a jerk, but I certainly hope not. Don't be skerd to try new places and adventures. It's not always about catching fish ya know guys. There was a day when anglers went out and explored new areas to fish without help. I know it still happens but........

While I would tend to agree hobster, in some cases (mine specifically) going blind and trying new places could result in a wasted day if I travel only find out a location is non-wheelchair accessible such as no docks or no easily accessible bank spots. That is why I tend to mostly travel to St. Louis ponds because while I know it will usually be packed it has 4 handicapped docks as well as several accessible bank spots.

hobster
hobster
TravisMac;n606012 said:
While I would tend to agree hobster, in some cases (mine specifically) going blind and trying new places could result in a wasted day if I travel only find out a location is non-wheelchair accessible such as no docks or no easily accessible bank spots. That is why I tend to mostly travel to St. Louis ponds because while I know it will usually be packed it has 4 handicapped docks as well as several accessible bank spots.

I agree with you 100%, handicapped fishing areas should be easy to find out about. I did not consider this when making my post and I digress.