Lakes Paulina Lake Fishing Reports

JasonInBend
JasonInBend
Fished Paulina lake from ~6am to 11am Sunday morning. Trolled spinners and hoochies for kokanee. Some success, we each picked up a couple and lost a couple. Size was good, all in the 12-13" range. Smoke was present but not horrible, but the wind picked up right around 11 which made it difficult to troll in the kayaks. Using sliding weight rigs to get to depth (no downriggers on the kayaks). Marked lots of fish and caught our fish in the runs marked below. Nearly every fish marked was between 35-45' down in 80'+ of water. No color at all on the ones we caught - still nice and silver.

Paulina Lake Fishing Reports

Reactions: wils, troutdude and Admin
troutdude
troutdude
Excellent report and glad you got a couple for your efforts. And that's the nicest pic that I've seen of where someone caught their fish!

Reactions: wils
JasonInBend
JasonInBend
Took some work, but pulled two limits out of Paulina this morning. Fished 6 to 11am. Fishing in 75-200' of water, fish were all down 35-45'. Fishing with downriggers but the longline with a 3oz sinker caught a handful too. Most of the fish were caught on the southern shore (see map with markups in my Paulina 8/23 post). Nice sized fish. Started off with a fair amount of smoke, but it mostly cleared up by the time we left.
Hot combination for us was the pink arrow flash dodger fished in front of a yellow/pink micro shrimp rig.
IMG_1393.jpg

Reactions: troutdude, Aervax and Admin
JasonInBend
JasonInBend
Paulina - 9/27
Fished from 6am to 830am out of the kayaks. Fish were definitely in deeper water today, most were marked between 35' and 50' in at least 100' of water. We both caught a couple and then the wind picked up in a BAD way. At times we were having to backpaddle to slow down our troll speed from the wind. Wind also brought in the smoke. 1 of our keepers was just starting to blush. I would guess we have a couple weeks at most.

Reactions: Admin
G
Gulfstream
Thanks for the info!

JasonInBend
JasonInBend
Now that the smoke has finally cleared out was thinking of making one last trip to Paulina. Anyone been there recently - are the kokes turning? TIA

The Guides Forecast
The Guides Forecast
Paulina Lake has been so fun! Fishing the edges with Beetles and Red Tarantula’s and Balanced leeches and Red 2 Bit Hookers. No one is there and the fishing is maybe the best of all the lakes except Crane on a good day. Currently, this is my favorite lake.

JasonInBend
JasonInBend
Paulina - 9/27
Fished from 6:45-10:30. Fish have started to turn, but only had to throw back a handful for being too dark. Lots of little guys that were tossed back as well. Picked up our two limits, trolling the triangle/loop in the map below. Most were caught in 80 to 150 FOW, 35'-45' down. Pink Poulsen Tackle arrow flash dodger in front of a Kokanee Kid Super Mysis Bug caught at least half of fish we brought home.

Paulina Lake Fishing Report

JasonInBend
JasonInBend
Paulina - 9/30
Snuck out for a quick afternoon/evening trip, fished 2:30-5:30pm. Probably my last kokanee trip for the year. Had to toss back some that were too dark and lots that were too small but we got our fish. Same location, depth and rigs mentioned in my 9/27 post. Kokanee Special was still outperforming any combination of Garlic/Tuna/Bloody Tuna for scents.

JasonInBend
JasonInBend
Paulina - 9/12/21

Fished 7am->11am. Pulled in our two limits trolling arrow flash dodgers and a mix of lures. Some fish are just starting to get a bit of color. Tossed back a handful of dinks. Krill/Anise definitely outperformed the Bloody Tuna/Garlic. Pulled a couple fish off of the the peak, but most were along the SW shore in 80->150 FOW, 40' to 60' down.

Top Bottom