Park usage fees?

M
mlw
A lot of the parks, boat ramps, etc that I encounter in Lane county have a usage or parking fee. Last year I bought an annual pass at Joe's - Now that they are gone, where do you get one?

While I am on the subject, what other annual passes might be useful [for fishing], (ie county, state or federal park passes, blm, tribal), and where does a person get them?

For the moment at least, I will spare you my opinion of the blue penny-pinching orangutan who thought up that idea and the question of whether a culture that cannot provide equal access to it's public lands deserves to be called civilized.

How about a list of useful annual passes or stickers to have, and where to get them?
I am willing to do a little online research, but I'll toss it out first for consideration.

Michael

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Forest Service info

Forest Service info

mlw said:
A lot of the parks, boat ramps, etc that I encounter in Lane county have a usage or parking fee. Last year I bought an annual pass at Joe's - Now that they are gone, where do you get one?

While I am on the subject, what other annual passes might be useful [for fishing], (ie county, state or federal park passes, blm, tribal), and where does a person get them?

For the moment at least, I will spare you my opinion of the blue penny-pinching orangutan who thought up that idea and the question of whether a culture that cannot provide equal access to it's public lands deserves to be called civilized.

How about a list of useful annual passes or stickers to have, and where to get them?
I am willing to do a little online research, but I'll toss it out first for consideration.

Michael

The forest service has a fairly good deal: US Forest Service - Caring for the land and serving people. has the info. Seniors get a great deal for $10.

J
JeannaJigs
You can get the lane county parks passes at Bi-mart, and REI. Also one that I was forced into getting (failed to pay the day use fee to park my vehicle for 5 minutes to go pee!) is the Northwest forest service pass, it's 30 bucks (available at REI and the forest service offices), good for a lot of parks along the coast (haven't paid attention to where other places are to use it, just got it in October, have been at the coast a lot and not anywhere else) and it covers Oregon and washington

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
You can get the lane county parks passes at Bi-mart, and REI. Also one that I was forced into getting (failed to pay the day use fee to park my vehicle for 5 minutes to go pee!) is the Northwest forest service pass, it's 30 bucks (available at REI and the forest service offices), good for a lot of parks along the coast (haven't paid attention to where other places are to use it, just got it in October, have been at the coast a lot and not anywhere else) and it covers Oregon and washington

I think that's the one my wife and I got a year and a half ago. It worked in all the pay parking/camping areas we went. I'm not sure but I think it wasn't any good at National Parks. Good thing about it too is that it's good for a full year from the day you buy it.

M
mlw
Thanks Jeanna, those two are the ones I was looking for. I might resent having to buy them, but it beats trying to find $3 everytime I want to park by a river for a few minutes.
Michael

J
JeannaJigs
mlw said:
Thanks Jeanna, those two are the ones I was looking for. I might resent having to buy them, but it beats trying to find $3 everytime I want to park by a river for a few minutes.
Michael

It's super convenient. ESPECIALLY when something like 70% of the the fee areas don't even have a place to pay the fee! they say go to such and such a place and get a daypass...so frustrating! Plus, I figure I use the lane county parks more than 10 times a year just from fishing trips to Siltcoos and Greenwood on the McKenzie, so after that, it pays for itself. I wouldn't have gotten the Northwest forest service one, ever, if I hadn't been forced into it lol. It was pay a $75 ticket or get a $30 annual pass...I opted for the $30 annual pass.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good deal?

Good deal?

Just thought I would throw this into the mix:

Last chance for discount Oregon parks passes before fee increase

PORTLAND, Ore. -- It's the last chance to purchase a cheap annual pass to Oregon's state parks.
After Jan. 1, 2010, state parks passes will increase to $30 from the current $25 price. During the month of December, the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department will offer patrons a special $20 rate for the 2010 season.
"The pass has always been one of the best bargains you can find for a holiday gift," said Recreation Programs Manager Richard Walkoski. "It will be especially appreciated this year."
According to the department, the price increase is the first in 13 years.
Patrons also can purchase a two-year pass during the month of December, good through December 2012, for $40. In January, the two-year pass will increase to $50.
Daily passes will also increase effective Jan. 1, from $3 to $5.
Passes are sold through the state parks information center, via phone. Call 1-800-551-6949 for more information.
Additional information was available at the OPRD website.

Troutski
Troutski
Gotta love it...

Gotta love it...

America...one place a person can pay or not and still be able to $!+ch, you gotta love it. I know I do....

Chuck

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane