Pan-fried rainbows - to scale or not to scale?

T
Thuggin4Life
BFishin likes the cheaks. I tryed them. Pretty tasty and moist.

N
nwkiller
sorry bout the hijack by the way

sorry bout the hijack by the way

oh ya the cheeks are so good....they are small depending on the fish but delicious!

Z
ZeeBorn
I think that fishy smell is more a mater of the fish not being as fresh as it could be. I have only ever noticed that fishy smell on fish that is a couple days old.
i love to eat the skins, mostley on salmon though....but the best part of the trout is its cheaks.....just peel back the gill plate and find it...mmmmmmmm:dance:
Yes! Another cheek lover! Definitely one of my favorite parts too. Sometimes when I'm fleeting salmon or steelhead, I'll just cut out the cheek and eat it raw... mmm SASHIMI! The hearts are good too, they are kind of like lamb.
-Nate

B
bassman503
That's why it's called fish. It has a fishy smell to it, which is bomb.

G
Griz
Cheeks

Cheeks

Halibut cheeks are the best !

T
TTFishon
With me it depends on my mood. I always scale them just in case. Sometimes it gross's me out and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I eat the fins too.

T
Throbbit _Shane

Thanks for the recipe good sir! i made it tonight but i subsituted olive oil for bacon grease

so good ill have it for lunch tomorrow

L
lilsalmon
Now I am hungry...going to have to BBQ up that steelhead in my freezer....

Z
ZeeBorn
Thanks for the recipe good sir! i made it tonight but i subsituted olive oil for bacon grease

so good ill have it for lunch tomorrow

Glad to help! I'll have to try bacon grease next time. Did it impart a noticeable bacony flavor?