Owyhee fly fishing for browns.

D
drewcharles1
this is just one of many that i got into during my 3 day stint on the Owyhee. had to crack down on some folks trying to snag spawners with spinners, people who do that have no skill or respect for the river. disgusting.

• IMG_2042.JPG
Reactions: Admin
L
lilsalmon
Very nice fish!

troutdude
troutdude
I just saw your pic on facebook. Nicely done--both the catching and for cracking down on snaggers!!!

S
steelhead_slayer
Such an amazing river. I have to make a trip someday

D
drewcharles1
It is an amazing river. they are very picky, especially on dries. Ians Brass ass was the nymph (imitates a midge/caddis larva) striptease streamers and crippled midge dry was the ticket for this trip. its a long drive from my home in portland but you really can't beat it. best fishery in the state and best brown fishery in the country i'm convinced. let me know if you have further questions.

Reactions: steelhead_slayer
A
abel
One of those well kept secrets that is now a home water of the Boise crowd. And yes, spawning browns should be left alone... Fish away from the redds.

M
MattZ
how long is the drive from portland, and is it still fishing well now??

O
OnTheDrop
Gotta be 5-6 hrs..i heard it fishes well all year? Like he said though, they can be very picky.

A
abel
More like 7 hours. It's about an hour from Ontario.

D
drewcharles1
its about 7.5 hours from portland to vale, then, probably another 40 min to the river. yes it is still hot right now but its always hot if you spend the time finding the right flies. the river is so packed with trophy browns that have most likely seen about every fly in the book so if you're willing to spend the time switching flies, the prize is well worth it. like i posted earlier, Ians brass ass, and miracle midge were highly effective. here is couple other beauties.IMG_2040.jpgIMG_2040.jpg

D
drewcharles1
oops posted the same one twiceIMG_2027.jpg

D
drewcharles1

V
veilside180sx
Was this a 3 day float trip or just a hike in deal?

Is there enough water to float it this time of the year?