Opinions wanted, not a thread for huggy lovey lets get along crap

F
FlyBum
Ha ha :) Fat man huggin gay. Good Shiznit! No let me take off my fishing "Tweeds" (look at almost any English fisher) and get back to reality. Mr. Hardy would be impressed by our conversation just as sure as a Spey fisher swinging some T-14 across some Redds! You know what pisses me off, whOrvis (read: WHOREvis).

O
OnTheFly
Brad....You wear zip up the front waders??????? Bahahahahahahahahahahahah....inhale...hahahahahahahahaha,,,,,,,,inhale hahahaha.................

F
Flymstr
Wow. Typing does not express the smile on my face while I was writing my last post on this thread. I did soind a bit mad but I was just trying to get it going, probably not the right way. I have never been a soft spoken person when typing so please take it in stride. I just went back and read what I wrote and realize it was a bit on the to sarcastic side. Sorry bout that guys, sometimes I just get going and don't stop. My wife was even telling me when I was writing it to chill out. By the way I will hug a fat man all day if I can keep my Lanyard, which by the way only has a clipper, a whistle and scissors on it, so I am not over board on that. My film container is in my pocket. LOL. But still bring on the fat man and let me have at him.

F
FlyBum
With a fat man after ya you'll need that rape whistle on your lanyard. I like to put a little pocket rocket and an emergency blowup doll on those retractable cord things and hang them from my big bright orange Simms vest, while I'm putting 2oz of split shot on.

F
Flymstr
FlyBum said:
With a fat man after ya you'll need that rape whistle on your lanyard. I like to put a little pocket rocket and an emergency blowup doll on those retractable cord things and hang them from my big bright orange Simms vest, while I'm putting 2oz of split shot on.

Well that fat man is going to have to run fast to get me, but the whistle will come into play if he sneaks up while I am landing a fish. I don't like those retractable things at all either. I use a cord with a King Salmon and a brown bear vertabrae holding it all together. It's kinda cool actually, but I don't flaunt it it is under my big brown vest.

Y
Yohan
Hahaha, great stuff in this thread!

Well, I have to admit I wear a lanyard made of braided sink tips (it saves from hiring a kid to carry around my wallets). Also, if you fish naked you usually don't have a problem with other people crowding your water...try it sometime!

E
eggs
Ohh and i think we should ban anyone with the name brad or Jim or erin from any fly only water.... we are an unfair advantage just being there with strings ties to our finger with bare barb less hooks..

brandon4455
brandon4455
flybum said:
with a fat man after ya you'll need that rape whistle on your lanyard. I like to put a little pocket rocket and an emergency blowup doll on those retractable cord things and hang them from my big bright orange simms vest, while i'm putting 2oz of split shot on.

:lol:

H
halibuthitman
OnTheFly said:
Brad....You wear zip up the front waders??????? Bahahahahahahahahahahahah....inhale...hahahahahahahahaha,,,,,,,,inhale hahahaha.................

I also think ford f-150's should be banned from the roads along fly only water... it scratches the paint on my dodge when I have to drive around them.. and I wear the waders backwords Jim... helps me get all that killer "private" water action;)

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Yuppies. Gotta ban the yuppies. Anyone with more than 1 tackle item with a Sage, Winston, or Orvis logo on it should be kicked in the goonch, have their fishing license ripped up, and sent packing from the river in shame for being some uppity yuppie gearkweer tool. They probably can't cast more than 10 feet anyway - if they can cast at all using the half pound of non-lead shot (since lead is bad and evil), a Thingamabobber the size of my anchor buoy, and a fly the size of a turkey they call their nymphing setup.

I'm also thinking we should preemptively ban hardcore Tenkara fishers. They're in the same class as the above yuppy, but instead of "Sage" all their gear will say "TenkaraUSA" and they will be wiping their mouths of the juice from the scrawny white boy who is so obsessed with the "Japanese" fly fishing method (even though the Japanese were just doing something that some Macedonian did three thousand years prior). These goobers get all in your face and jump up and down like a four year old when you point out the shortcomings of their overextended phal - er, "fly rods" - like being able to cast more than a rod and a half length of line, the ability to land a fish more than half a pound without damaging your rod (or trying to set new land speed records while trying to keep up with your 18 inch fish as it runs down stream). They've done enough 7 gram rocks with Charlie to believe that their fairy wands really are magical. Nope - gotta ban the Tenkara people too. If it doesn't have a reel and a plastic coated fly line - it doesn't get allowed on fly water. ;)

S
steelheadstalker31
GungasUncle said:
Yuppies. Gotta ban the yuppies. Anyone with more than 1 tackle item with a Sage, Winston, or Orvis logo on it should be kicked in the goonch, have their fishing license ripped up, and sent packing from the river in shame for being some uppity yuppie gearkweer tool. They probably can't cast more than 10 feet anyway - if they can cast at all using the half pound of non-lead shot (since lead is bad and evil), a Thingamabobber the size of my anchor buoy, and a fly the size of a turkey they call their nymphing setup.

I'm also thinking we should preemptively ban hardcore Tenkara fishers. They're in the same class as the above yuppy, but instead of "Sage" all their gear will say "TenkaraUSA" and they will be wiping their mouths of the juice from the scrawny white boy who is so obsessed with the "Japanese" fly fishing method (even though the Japanese were just doing something that some Macedonian did three thousand years prior). These goobers get all in your face and jump up and down like a four year old when you point out the shortcomings of their overextended phal - er, "fly rods" - like being able to cast more than a rod and a half length of line, the ability to land a fish more than half a pound without damaging your rod (or trying to set new land speed records while trying to keep up with your 18 inch fish as it runs down stream). They've done enough 7 gram rocks with Charlie to believe that their fairy wands really are magical. Nope - gotta ban the Tenkara people too. If it doesn't have a reel and a plastic coated fly line - it doesn't get allowed on fly water. ;)

Well spoken :clap:

F
Flymstr
GungasUncle said:
Yuppies. Gotta ban the yuppies. Anyone with more than 1 tackle item with a Sage.

I agree with that for sure. I was given a Sage rod from a client and I won't use because I don't want be one of those yuppies. Give me a Lami or even better a $50 pflueger fly rod and I am good to go. The cheaper is usually a better rod in the long run anyway, and who wants to wait a month for those others to replace a broken rod while you wait empty handed, when you can just go and get another of the shelf in thirty seconds for the same as they want to charge for a replacement.

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
I also think ford f-150's should be banned from the roads along fly only water... it scratches the paint on my dodge when I have to drive around them.. and I wear the waders backwords Jim... helps me get all that killer "private" water action;)
Be careful what you wish for. The only private action you might get may come from the back eddies. And eddies not a fly fisherman.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Real fisherman drive Jeeps ;) I can't hate on Fords though, since I love me some blue oval. Dodges look good, on the back of a tow truck...

H
halibuthitman
GungasUncle said:
Real fisherman drive Jeeps ;) I can't hate on Fords though, since I love me some blue oval. Dodges look good, on the back of a tow truck...
hey... isn't a jeep just a dodge in a skirt? lefty says Tenkara is just a fad.. Brad say's " what the **** is tenkara?" when I was a kid we called it being poor and making a fly rod.. then I got a job... and um well, bought a sage.... so do these new rules mean I have to send back my scott fiberhammer? or can I use it becouse its glass? sheesh, wheres a lawyer when you need one? Oh, I know, he's in Aarons Pavati on the situk tipping him with sage flyrods.... hmmmm what a twisted world we live in-

L
lilsalmon
OnTheFly said:
Be careful what you wish for. The only private action you might get may come from the back eddies. And eddies not a fly fisherman.

:lol::lol::lol:

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Jeep was around before Chrysler wound up bastardizing them - but you do have a point.

You could still use your Sage rod - just don't go out there sporting your Sage ball cap, Sage T-shirts, with Sage (or Simms) gear bag, and Sage fly reel... then again, you might just be Yuppy if that Sage rod is wearing a Ross, Tibor, or Orvis reel ;)

And you DO bring up a good point:

Gotta ban drift boats with doors on fly only water. Only exceptions would be for old coots with arthritis who have trouble stepping over the gunnels of a Mac boat, or people in wheel chairs.

F
Flymstr
GungasUncle said:
Jeep was around before Chrysler wound up bastardizing them - but you do have a point.

You could still use your Sage rod - just don't go out there sporting your Sage ball cap, Sage T-shirts, with Sage (or Simms) gear bag, and Sage fly reel... then again, you might just be Yuppy if that Sage rod is wearing a Ross, Tibor, or Orvis reel ;)

And you DO bring up a good point:

Gotta ban drift boats with doors on fly only water. Only exceptions would be for old coots with arthritis who have trouble stepping over the gunnels of a Mac boat, or people in wheel chairs.

Hey now my boats gotta a door and the thing is great. Why no doors, I don't get that one, they are so nice to have. Oh well I never use it, but like you said the old coots really enjoy the easy access. I like to enter from the rear "of the boat".
Well that should get a laugh or two.

S
steelhead_stalkers
You should not be allowed to say you hooked 16 steelhead when you had your thingamabobber set at 13 ft in a 2 ft riffle and counted every take down as a hookup. :lol:

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
steelhead_stalkers said:
You should not be allowed to say you hooked 16 steelhead when you had your thingamabobber set at 13 ft in a 2 ft riffle and counted every take down as a hookup. :lol:

Who puts their bobber more than a foot above their lead regardless of water depth? ;)

Top Bottom