ODFW 2026 stocking schedule is now online

Looks like plenty of fish on the coast and in the valley come February
 
  • Like
Reactions: troutdude
copperjohn said:
Looks like plenty of fish on the coast and in the valley come February
Indeed. I do wish, however, that the coastal lakes would get more of the "trophy" sized fish. But I'm not complaining about how many of the big boys, are planned for the Willy Zone!
 
Yes, that's been available for a while, at least for JCP.
Even though they did begin stocking there a few weeks ago, there will still be a month between the first and second stocking to start the season. I don't really understand that, but when they stock it in a couple of weeks, it will mark the regular every two week stocking schedule.
This is important to me because JCP is my regular close to home place and saving fuel is one of my primary restrictions for fishing.
I also have a friend that lives in JC that has expressed an interest in learning to fish, so close to her will be good as well.
We're supposed to get her license and select a fishing combo for her come this Saturday.
I'll probably start her off with the old reliable Zebco 33 combo.
For years, I always kept one or two of those Zebco starter packs around unopened.
Whenever GKs or other kids came around and wanted to go fishing, I'd give them a kit that they could use and take home with them. It's a good way to start them on a lifetime of fun.
I just gave away the last one last year to a little 5-year-old girl that my daughter watches. She is so proud to have her own fishing gear.
But nowadays, I no longer have the extra cash for freebies, so my friend will have to buy her own.
 
  • Like
Reactions: troutdude and Snopro

Similar threads

troutdude
Replies
1
Views
433
FisherPete
F
troutdude
Replies
2
Views
818
cchinook
C
troutdude
Replies
7
Views
643
Chromatose
Chromatose
Back
Top Bottom