Odell kokanee

4labs

Odell opens on the 22nd. I doubt any ramps expect to open other than the 2 lodges.
Until I see snow completely gone from the road cam I wont be looking to head that way.
Most likely Princess Creek wont open until mid May.
Should be a early jigging thing and then troll around the 1st week of June
Paulina might be open after the road opens May 10th but theres a lot of snow up there.

Big Nigiri

Thanks for the update. I thought it was open year round. Do they not ice fish like on Diamond? The roads looked bad this weekend.

rogerdodger

Thanks for the update. I thought it was open year round. Do they not ice fish like on Diamond? The roads looked bad this weekend.
no ice fishing at Odell, it's regs. are found under "Exceptions to Central Zone Regulations":

Odell Lake
  • Open Apr 22 – Oct 31.
  • 25 kokanee per day in addition to daily trout limit. No size limits.
  • 1 lake trout per day, 24 inch minimum length.
  • Closed between ODFW markers and the mouth of Trapper Cr.
  • Closed between ODFW markers and Odell Cr outlet.
  • Closed to angling on tributaries.

rogerdodger

Oregon Regs. have layers, like an onion...or a parfait. General Statewide, then Zone, then location specific Exceptions. and then there are the updates and mid-year regs. issued for Ocean Salmon and Halibut, Fall Salmon, Ground fish....yep, they got layers!

playhooky

Oregon Regs. have layers, like an onion...or a parfait. General Statewide, then Zone, then location specific Exceptions. and then there are the updates and mid-year regs. issued for Ocean Salmon and Halibut, Fall Salmon, Ground fish....yep, they got layers!
Some years ago I can remember layers of fish to use all those regs on ..... now we just pick up a copy of confusion every year!

I'd love to see a phone app that could "unpeel" all those layers based upon your input such as your location (GPS) and desired fish target. Open the app, type in "trout" and see what you can do. Sure would make my life easier :)

4labs

Drove by today(Sat) on my way to Wick
Princess Creek gate closed but road plowed
Sunset Cove gate open
About 20 boats @ 7am that I could see as I zipped by