NW Steelheaders petition for Columbia River reform

K
killigan
Join the Association of Northwest Steelheaders,
urging Governor Kate Brown to:

GIVE US WHAT WE PAID FOR, WHAT WE SACRIFICED FOR, AND WHAT WE WERE PROMISED!

Sport anglers have held up our end of the reform plan. We’ve transferred smolts from our Willamette and Sandy River systems, paid our endorsement fee to transition gillnets off the mainstem Columbia, and were promised a fair allocation of the public’s resource that save wild salmon and steelhead while prioritizing sport fishing opportunity and economics.

It’s time for Oregon to live up to its end of the bargain!

We, the concerned citizens listed below, hereby petition Governor Brown to uphold Oregon’s commitment to the bi-state agreement and to fully implement the Columbia River salmon fisheries reform plan. Specifically, we request that Governor Brown:

Direct the Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission to commit to full implementation of the plan and to enact regulations consistent with the policies recently adopted by the State of Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission; and

Remove Commissioner Bruce Buckmaster from the Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission and replace him with a neutral commissioner to rebalance the Commission.
By signing this petition, we’ll keep you informed on our next steps forward, to ensure our best chances for full implementation of a sport fishing priority!

Thank you for signing, supporting Steelheaders, and making your voice heard!

Please take a minute and sign this petition if you support the Columbia River Reform and our fisheries!

Cheers,
killigan

D
DrTheopolis
You beat me to posting this. Well done.

hobster
hobster
Me too :thumb: I encourage everyone on this forum to sign!! Please let your voice be heard, we need to stand together on this!

T
TimberTodd
Signed! Thank you for posting the link.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Signed it!

troutdude
troutdude
Thank you Killigan, and NW Steelheaders!!! Signed, sealed, and delivered!

O
OnTheDrop
Yup!

*Side note.... I was driving over the Hawthorne bridge this morning, and saw a sea lion chewing on what may have been an early Springer. What are the chances as I was on the bridge for 9 seconds....

D
DrTheopolis
OnTheDrop;n602285 said:
Yup!

*Side note.... I was driving over the Hawthorne bridge this morning, and saw a sea lion chewing on what may have been an early Springer. What are the chances as I was on the bridge for 9 seconds....

If you had said the Sellwood, I'd put the chances around 80%. If it was I-205, I'd say about 95%.

O
OnTheDrop
:lol::lol::lol:

Not quite a laughing matter...But so true.

P
pinstriper
Signed and joined. We'll get the fargin bastages.

EOBOY
EOBOY
pinstriper;n602299 said:
Signed and joined. We'll get the fargin bastages.

signed it! Are you talkin' no stick bastages?:hi:

P
pinstriper
EOBOY;n602301 said:
signed it! Are you talkin' no stick bastages?:hi:

Whuh.....Whah ???

EOBOY
EOBOY
G
gfisher2003
Signed it
i think that maybe someone should post it on change.org though it would be spread to more people