No luck at Oxbow

K
Kais
Went Fishing at Oxbow park today. The fishing was terrible. I fished the area where there is a lot of people right past the picnic area. I didn't get anything there so I went up to another spot with a pool next to the actual current, nothing yet. Horribly discouraging to me. Wasted $5 on the parking. Anybody know and good holes near there?

Last edited:
B
beaverfan
Don't get frustrated, Steelhead fishing is tough. It can take quite a while to get the hang of it. Once you get one it is all worth it. I know people who have been fishing for years and still haven't got there first Steelhead.

K
Kais
wow, it just feels like there's no fish in the water you know what i mean. But i been doing a lot of research.
Just out of curiosity, are worms (live) good bait.

Last edited:
E
eggs
Yea worm are decent summer steel bait...

I got skunk at oxbow Sunday with the old man..

The Sandy is slow right now.... springer run isn't living up to prediction and summers aren't in full swing for a couple weeks.... your better off on the Clack for a couple weeks imo... sandy is averaging 1 fish for every 4 boats from counts at dabney and l&c the past few weekends..

K
Kais
Ya I knew the Sandy just wasn't producing from some other people on the forum so I'm not totally discouraged.

M
mgdguy
Don't give up! Keep trying and watching the forum. When the bites picks up, hit it HARD

H
halibuthitman
with the amount of rain in the past month most summers that have headed up the sandy are high, like ceder creek and past..... THE ODFW FISH AVERAGE IS A USELESS PIECE OF INFORMATION as 75% of steelhead are caught by 20% of the fishermen.

E
eggs
Thats why I have been fishing Marmot to mouth of Salmon river section

H
halibuthitman