New year chrome

C
Carothers
Yesterday, a friend and I headed up to the Alsea to try and beat the crowd and find some chrome. We made it to where i originally wanted to fish but of course there was somebody who obviously had 0 ethics sitting in my hole. So we adapted and overcame, beat the brush and found a new hole where nobobdy had been. We tied up some riggins and got to fishing. on my 14th cast, a metalhead slammed my orange corky/white yarnball combo. fish on. The fish tore up my curado, jumped and revealed to us that it was a 20 lb beast! :shock:. I fought it for a sold 5 minutes, and a drift boat came around the corner. Also fighting a steely. not good on a river that i could spit across. I was concentrating on the task at hand when i heard the sound of a screaming drag. I looked up to see chromer splashing on the surface headed my way. uh oh. the man in the boat tried to stop the run but did not want to lose his fish. soon i could feel the line rubbing across mine, weakening the 12 lb maxima. My buddy yelled at him, "cut it or something, this fish is 20 lbs!" as ecpected they didn't. and within seconds I felt that dreaded feeling of weightless line and a stiff loomis... i was furious. I wanted to pack up and leave but Joe convinced me to stay. The boat landed the fish and passed by. no words were spoke. after I regained composure i went back to fishing. I added some shrimp scent to my yarn and threw er out. a little while later Joe hooked into a nice 8 lb hen that we bonked. on my 27th cast i hooked up again and landed my first winter chrome of the year. :cool:. a 10 lb buck.
it turned out to be a great day, but our hook-up to banked fish ratio wasn't the best. landing 6 of 17 fighting fish we both released a couple. dont flame me! haha. We both missed countless bites. I tagged my first fish, and then handed a a couple off to Joe. one beautiful native and one nice 9 lber. all were hooked on white yarnballs with a orange corky and some mikes' shrimp scent. I dropped my phone in the river a week bfore that so no pictures for me, ARGGHH!!! :mad:
Oh and I could have sworn I saw branman down there, if that was you, hope you did well!

J
joem
ya dude that was crazy wish you would have just shared your orange corky and white yarn balls with me so i didn't have to keep gettin hand offs after i broke all mine off. them people taking your hole was stupid but you being the river navigater that you are found us another awesome hole.

T
TTFishon
How'd they take your hole if they were there first?

C
Carothers
Yeah wrong wording I spose. They beat me there

B
bigsteel
I thought you didn't like people naming specific rivers??Does this only apply to you?

C
Carothers
I didn't want branman to rat me out if that was him haha. Its not like I put the area I was fishing or where I caught them.

B
bigsteel
Carothers said:
I didn't want branman to rat me out if that was him haha. Its not like I put the area I was fishing or where I caught them.
nice excuse,,,please dont tell others how they should post when you in turn turn around and post the exact thing you told someone else not to,,,seems hypocritical

D
DYJ
"Seems"?!?!? It's the definition of hypocritical! :lol:

B
bran_man
Yeah that was me! Me and my friend decided to just pull an all nighter since it was new years and we were awake already anyways so we just decided to get ready and head out after the ball dropped. what a stupid idea that was! Ha ha we were both exhausted by the time it was legal light and we sucked it up. honestly I have had an awful season so far! :(

P
plumb2fish
Lots of pressure on every system I have fished since "CHANGE" began. If you want to watch a good show, post where and how you "ACTUALLY" caught some fish and go back the next day and watch the already insane pressure double, but the catch ratio probably won't change unless it drops. The who and what don't make up for having the how....The best part will be the people on and OFF the river with a bad rash from seeing "their" river on the internet. I have been on both sides of the rash ordeal. I finally decided share it all unless fishing natives.
I used to hate on people that "wasted" their money on gear like you say you use, but these days I am greatful that I am fortunate enough to have earned that type of gear and chose to buy and use it. Having been the new guy with what I could scrounge up, I try not to be too harsh or judgemental, but I am an a-hole at the core so I'm not always very successful..Sounds like Joe gets a little excited and doesn't concentrate sometimes....guilty At least he possesses the humility to take a hand OFF, I really struggle with humility.
Sounds like you two are good friends that enjoy fishing. I am greatful for good friends that share this passion.
THERE ARE BIG FISH IN EVERY SYSTEM THIS SEASON GO GET IT DONE.

Last edited: