New to forum, need some info.

D
darralld
Hey guys,
I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Bass fished all my life. Wife is from Oregon & would like to move back there one day. Was trying to find out what areas of the state & what lakes are best for largemouth & smallmouth bass. I have a Ranger bass boat. So I would like to know what lakes would allow me to use my boat as well.

Thanks,
Darrall

T
tomriker
welcome, I live in the mid Willamette valley (Albany to be exact) not a ton around this area, southern oregon is probably your best bet! lots of high lakes too that have good bass populations( that the trouters HATE hehe) on the north end of the state not a ton of action, unless you are comfortable enough to go out on the Columbia river, but with a ranger im sure you'd be fine! did you guys get tired of the tornadoes and golf ball sized hail?

D
darralld
Thanks for the reply! We will probably be looking at central Oregon. Really just depends on where the work is. But she has family there and over by Eugene. So she will want to be close to that area. Would really like to get into the Smallmouths. We have some lakes with them here. But not a big population. Been catching big blacks all my life. So something new will be fun.
Yep the tornadoes keep it interesting for sure!

T
tomriker
central oregon is a decent place for bass too! best place in the state weather wise In my opinion!

D
darralld
Tom you into hunting? I love to bowhunt. Any tips area wise on that?

F
fredaevans
darralld said:
Tom you into hunting? I love to bowhunt. Any tips area wise on that?

Bow hunting: Send me an e-mail at fredaevans@gmail.com and I'll put you in touch with Nate Bailey. Guy lives for this stuff, and one hell of a good fisherman across the southern 1/4 of the State. Fish lives, he knows where it hides.

You and I have a coat/hat rack in the front room, with hats and coats. His is bow and arrow quivers.

Fred

Reactions: Raincatcher
H
hydropsyche
I was born and raised in albany i have been living in bend for 10 years. I was in albany for one summer 3 years ago and had some amazing experiences catching bass on the fly from the willy calapolia and multiple ponds in the green ways. the weather in bend is great but he bass fishing opportunities are few and far between, Prineville res is a solid bet, davis was good for a while but they shocked a lot of good bass out other than that you got a few in crane, a couple in wickiup, and billy has a decent amount.

T
tomriker
i hear the bass fishing in wickiup has been pretty good this year.. 50-100 fish days some guys have been having