New rifle

N
Ntofishing
Just got back from siting in my new rifle. Oh what a feeling when right out of the box it is grouping nicely. If any one out there is considering buying one make sure you check out those Weatherby Vanguards. In my book they are definitely worth what you pay for em.

M
metalmania
I bought one in .223 a year ago and have been quite pleased with it. It shoots mighty small groups with hornady tap and varmint express. My only complaints were it's a little on the heavy side and the trigger wasn't that great, but for a 300 rifle I can't complain.

N
Ntofishing
metalmania said:
I bought one in .223 a year ago and have been quite pleased with it. It shoots mighty small groups with hornady tap and varmint express. My only complaints were it's a little on the heavy side and the trigger wasn't that great, but for a 300 rifle I can't complain.

You are right about it being heavy. I think that would be the only drawback I see. My trigger seems perfect compared to my old rifle ( 7mm mauser ) with no creep and breaks like glass. I got mine in a 25-06 with a leupold 4x12 on it.

H
halibuthitman
I had one in 300 as well, and all I can say i keep it out of the weather... nice dry climate safari rifle... unfortunately I don't do safaries.. so I sold it.. vey tight good shooter though-

C
capblack
halibuthitman said:
I had one in 300 as well, and all I can say i keep it out of the weather... nice dry climate safari rifle... unfortunately I don't do safaries.. so I sold it.. vey tight good shooter though-

i agree, we dont live in weatherby country, but i wouldnt mind owning one, as long as it wasn't chambered for weatherby ammo

Last edited:
S
skunk
I have one in 7mm. It is a joy to shoot, but my pocket book doesn't like it. No way I'd let it go though.