New approach to Sturgeon fishing in '26

I think this is a good idea. I think having a one day season due to high catch rates ruins the chances for folks who can't get out on a given day. Hopefully the season will last at least a few weeks so folks can at least feel like they have a chance. I know last year I saw a lot of bitterness posted online.

Personally I have no interest in taking sturgeon but I don't begrudge those who do.
 
  • Like
Reactions: troutdude and Snopro
bass said:
I think this is a good idea. I think having a one day season due to high catch rates ruins the chances for folks who can't get out on a given day. Hopefully the season will last at least a few weeks so folks can at least feel like they have a chance. I know last year I saw a lot of bitterness posted online.

Personally I have no interest in taking sturgeon but I don't begrudge those who do.
I do not begrudge either . And once in a while between salmon runs I will do come catch and release . I never keep them because it would freak me out to kill a fish that can live for longer then I can. For salmon it is a one way trip. Keep in mind that if you get into a long fight with a big one and then release that fish it may not survive due to oxygen depravation. It just seems like a low skill fishery to me . Drop some bait to the bottom and here they come. Plus they are very slow breeders. The lions are already tearing them up and I would rather not add to the problem by keeping them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bass and troutdude

Similar threads

troutdude
Replies
0
Views
1K
troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Replies
0
Views
824
troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Replies
1
Views
443
FisherPete
F
Back
Top Bottom