Need a lil help

M

meatwad1666

i mainly fish the mt hood pond and salish pond but i never get any luck at all only once did i get luck on the mt hood pond on a mepps black fury but that was a while back never anything at the salish i was wondering what is the best rigging to get some fish on i mean ever if i get one on and lose it ill be happy.im only 16 and i dont have my driver licence yet so i can't branch out farther to other fishing spots
any tips?:)
id much rather not use powerbait but a lure instead but if thats what there bitting

R

rippin fish lips

welcome to OFF! i have never fished that area before, so this is all i can give you...try casting a 1/4oz thomas bouyant spoon in the colors of, rainbow, silver, copper, watermellon, red....panther martins...spinners, bluefox in the #1-3 range. rooster tails. Good luck!

R

rippin fish lips

yes castmasters are good ones to!!

Troutdude, quick question for you... i have looked at those bang tails a lot lately, are they better then rooster tails? they look like the blade spins better, if so, could u give me some tips on what ones to ge? like color variations and what not? i would greatly appriciate it! thanks

Tanner

troutdude

troutdude

I use Rooster's more than Bangs. But, either in black or white should be good. And my favorite Rooster, is the "rainbow" color...green, yellow and orange w/ spots.

R

rippin fish lips

ahh alrighty, im still having trouble getting that blade to spin! i tried ur method of casting out, letting it sink to desired depth, then act like ur setting the hook on a fish and real in, didn't have much luck with it, and that is my favorite rooster too!

troutdude

troutdude

Try using needle nose pliers, and bending the blade a bit. I don't recall exactly what works best.

There was someone else on here a couple of days ago, with a different idea. Try searching for "rooster tails" for that archived info.

R

rippin fish lips

okay. but would bend the blade out or in?? sorry if its a dumb question! im curious!!

R

rippin fish lips

ok, i found that guy u were talking about! bend the blade at the tip out! ima try it this coming up week at loon lake while camping! :)

Top Bottom