N. Santiam float

L
lilsalmon
Bigsteel and I hit the N. Santiam with Rich Youngers of Creekside Flyfishing. What a day it was. We got into numerous bows and cuttys. It was a great day on the water and Rich was awesome. We fished dry and nymphs and had success with both. We also seen numerous salmon and steelhead and at one point I was so distracted by all the salmon at one spot that I didn't realize I had a fish on....probably my biggest of the day but he spit the hook at the boat. Here are some pics.......
6199802098_531a57a02b_m.jpg

One of my fishys
6199803080_e0394ca71b_m.jpg

Not sure who got this one
6199290639_9ca20b616d_m.jpg

Daves fishys
6199802330_fb7f9ef408_m.jpg
6199290295_83b1634635_m.jpg
6199802574_739767d2b8_m.jpg

Rich
6199802804_0b8672b884_m.jpg

Thanks Rich for a great day!!!!!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Nice day... where did you guys launch at?

Thanks for the photos!

D
Drew9870
Rich is a very helpful guy, it would be a pleasure to fish with him. Sounds like an excellent day.

Reactions: bigsteel
E
eggs
Bad ass! Looks like it was a good day!

H
halibuthitman
great trip!

M
markasd
Looks like a great day on the water with a really cool dude.. Rich is a class act.

W
wozniasm
Sounds like a perfect trip. Nice fishies!

Reactions: bigsteel
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
So stinking jealous! :confused: :D Good for you guys.:clap:

S
skunk
Nice report, that looked like a fun trip.

B
bigsteel
what a great float,as soon as we put the boat in a salmon swam up to us and hung out for a while.most of the trip we threw october caddis dries as well as october nymphs,,and the fish were ready to participate...fishing with rich was a great pleasure,i learned a ton more about my home river and new tactics.really surprised at the size of the cutthroat in this section,,real nice size.I can't wait to do another float with rich...FISH ON

T
TTFishon
Looks like a really fun trip! Thanks for sharing!

J
JeannaJigs
crap. the pictures don't load on my broken ghetto phone. :( I can imagine some nice feesh ha ha .

I
idahojeff
Looks like a great day! That is becoming my home river as well(bigsteel)...getting out on it tomorrow morning. Fished it a ton lately. Ton of spawning salmon all over...I found myself watching almost more than fishing last Sunday...lol!

brandon4455
brandon4455
awesome pics guys. looks like an excellent trip. will have to come out there and fish the north again sometime.

S
Sinkline
Looks like more goods times for you two! Beautiful fish, as are most you two catch!

Sorry for late reply, been gone fishing also.

Randy

L
lilsalmon
I forgot to mention that I also got my first whitefish on the Santiam....we thought it was a huge bow or cutty and I seen it come out of the water and said...that looks like a whitefish...sure nuff, it was. It was good size one too. I should have known by the way it hit like a tank........

Randy, hope your trip was as successful as usual too....YOU rock when it comes to pics of purty fish.....