My upper Deschutes trip 9/19/09

S
StonedFly
I took this weekend to fish the upper deschutes with a work buddy of mine. We got to our spot around 7:00 am and had the whole river to ourselfs. The fishing was spot on and when we arrived there was a nice yellow mayflay hatch accuring (size 20). I had a tuff time with the hatch so I decided to switch to a streamer and work the log jams along the river. There were some nice fish (up to 5-6 pounds) that were laying under these logs waiting to suprise an unsuspecting prey! I hooked into a few this size and had a hard time getting them to the raft. I FORGOT MY NET AT HOME!!! The ones that I managed to land were around 18"-20" and probably 2-3 LBS. All in all we caught around 15 fish in 7 hours of hard fishing. The smallest was 14" and the largest was I'm guessing 5 lbs but those large slimey bastards wouldnt let me take any pics while playing them and juggling my camera haha. The funny part of the trip was when my buddy hooked into a 20" mountain whitefish with a brown whoolybugger! Here are some pictures!

S
StonedFly
More pictures!

S
steelhead1
nice fish!This is one of my all time favorite places to go.I know how snaggy it is up there,where did you launch?seems like a lot of portaging to get a toon down that river.:shock:

M
Mike123
SWEET! Nice Brookie! There are some big ol' browns under them logs! They can be pretty finacky though... Early and late at night and they get real hungry. :cool:

R
ryguy
bank access

bank access

I have been wanting to go to the deschutes and was wondering if anyone knows where theres any good bank access, as I dont have a boat. Thanks in advance.

T
Thuggin4Life
I have a boat...

Reactions: Fishtopher
O
OnTheFly
Hey Stonedfly, looks like you guys had a quality fishing day and the way your rod was bent is an indication of that. Great looking fish too!

R
rainbowfisherman
has anyone ever fished the pond in black butte?? ive heard about it and im just wondering??