My shrimpies

Well they are not small jigs but I think they look at least a little bit like a sand shrimp. They are on a 1/8 #2 jig head. They have come along since the first 2 but the last little section needs to be tighter still. Is hard to keep the crochet tight on a downward slope. It wants to separate and not turns out quite right.

Shrimpbellytailcollection.jpg

Not sure what you mean? The tail end is tied in with thread, the tie off is at the head. I suppose a bead could be used at the tail but I guess I am just not sure what you mean.

F4A, I might have misunderstood, thought you had a problem with the wraps separating downhill towards the hook bend. Thought an afixed bead could act as a stopper as well as adding an attractive accent.

Good looking

Good looking

Even Charley Tuna would munch those! :dance: Pretty cool and convincing,too. :clap: :D Be safe.
Barb

The lace likes to slide down in the front but I understand what you mean now. Not a bad idea really. Could add some color I need in the pattern that way. Would be a good way to get some yellow in them since sand shrimp have a nice yellow streak in them anyway.

Thank you all for the compliments. I have worked really hard perfecting this pattern and I think once I have tied enough of these I will get them looking even better. I think with this response I will have to get a hundred or so of them done so I can see how they will sell. It is bad that it takes so long to make them or I would have a lot more done a lot faster.

Top Bottom