More big bass from Newberg.

T
troutmasta
Spent the last 2 days fishin the Willy out of Newberg. First day got 7 pretty good sizers. Yesterday got the Hawg 4 pnd small mouth. Swear it jumped 5 feet out of the water.

J
JASMINE
Nicely done!!! :clap:Newberg is one of my fav places, haven't fished out of there in a while, we normally launch out of charbenough will have to get launched from newberg before the fall is over. would love to see a pic of the hawg!

T
troutmasta
can't find the charger for my digital camera:(

S
Shallowbay
Re:

Re:

Any good areas with bank access out there? I don't have a boat.
Thanks!

-Shallowbay

T
troutmasta
People fish off the dock all the time. I've personally never done it but my fish finder always shows lots of fish when I'm coming in or leaving. That area is money too, you can catch ANYTHING there from carp to sturgeon to salmon to bass.

S
Shallowbay
Re: Willy in Newberg

Re: Willy in Newberg

Gonna try it out this week. I've got worms, pink power eggs, orange & rainbow powerbait, fluke softbaits & couple of top water & crank lures. Any suggestions on the best bait? I've never been out there. Thanks!

T
troutmasta
Worms work awsome. Just hook one up to a 12in leader or so and throw it out . You can just let it sit on the bottom. Something
WILL eat it. Just hope its not a sturgeon cause it WILL unspool your reel. You can fish plastics too just cast into stucture and reel it in as slow as you can to get action out of it. GOOD LUCK. I might be out there I'll Be in a blue bayliner that Idles like @&%*. So if you see a guy constantly re-starting his boat thats me:wall:

S
Shallowbay
Re: More BIG bass from Newberg

Re: More BIG bass from Newberg

Cool! I bought some worms today at Freddies. I'll be out there Friday morning. Thanks for the advice!!!

-Shallowbay

B
beaverfan
If you got a big pole with 20lb line or better you might want to bring it. Throw a couple of those worms on there and you got a good shot at a Sturgeon or two.

S
Shallowbay
Re: More BIG bass from Newberg.

Re: More BIG bass from Newberg.

I went out today with a buddy from 8:00 am to noon. Got a couple bites here and there off worms. Got one small one about 10:00. I was down on the shore to the left of that tall fenced generator thing. Is it the flat dock that is next to the boat launch that people fish off of? There was a no fishing sign posted and it was stenciled into the wood as well. This was my first time there and all I saw was the boat area and the small shore area I was at.

-Shallowbay

Last edited by a moderator:
T
troutmasta
Your not supposed to fish off the boat ramp but people do it ALL the time it says no swimming sun bathing of fishing, I've seen all three at once. no one really cares.

1bigfish
I have to deal with people fishing on that dock often as I am trying to take my boat out of the water. The reason the sign is there is because some people refuse to move out of your way when people are trying to get their boats on or off the water. 95% of the people I see fishing off the dock move to the side when a boat is trying to tie up to the dock and are very aware that the signes are there so they stay away from the incoming/outgoing boats and don't really cause a problem. However it is the 5% that refuse to yield to boats that screw it up for everyone else. That ramp can get really crowded and someone fishing off the dock and refusing to move can actually be a hazard. So the signs were posted because of the 5% people.

Me personally... if your are fishing there but mindfull of the reason the dock is there in the first place I got no problem with people fishing off of the dock. But if you refuse to stop fishing even when you are in the way of other people trying to use the dock for it intended purpose... well let's just say there is a reason I have the police phone # programmed into my cell phone.

T
troutmasta
Agreed. I also put my boat in and out there and most folk
I meet there are curteous and harmless. But there's always one @$&%# that'll ruin it for everybody.

S
Shallowbay
More big bass from Newberg.

Kinda jones'in ... haven't been fishing for a couple weeks. Anyone try Kastmasters off the bank in Newberg? Thinking about going out Monday and trying. Just curious.

-Shallowbay