Mole traps?

I
Ifishforfood
i just realized i have a bunch of active moles in my back yard, and i was wondering if anyone knew any types of hommade traps that i could make to get the little buggers. if nobody knows any good traps, could someone point me in the direction of a good store i could by them at? i live off of 162, in gresham btw. thanks.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Best way is a hose and pitch fork imo. :D

F
fishtales
I would second the hose method.

C
chrisohm
It is not a trap as much as a silent death. Cover any known or visible holes with dirt and pack down. If you have an older vehicle or a friend with an older vehicle just attach a hose or dryer vent, something that can hold onto the tailpipe and let the vehicle run, spewing the nastiness into their home directly. If they try to escape shoot/fork or let your dog just chew them to pieces. Note: if there is no catalytic converter on the vehicle then you are golden....be safe and have fun :D

C
capblack
if you ask the old timers, all you need is a lawn chair and a 12 guage. Brian

F
fishnquest
It is easier to find gopher traps than mole traps. But its easier to see moles, the ground moves on top. I shoot em, but I'm in the country.

R
rickman
Not sure if it would work for moles, but Home Depot sells a gopher "pellet" dispenser that took care of my gopher problem. You find the gopher (mole?) holes and and fill the dispenser with "gopher poision food pellets" and push it down the hole/s and pull the lever to release the pellets in the hole. Take the mound of dirt and fill in the hole/s. Premise is that the gophers will find the pellets and eat them and then crawl away and die. I used it twice in two years and it seems it did the trick. That was a couple of years ago and I haven't had a gopher since. It might work on moles. Worth a shot.

X
xacex
A fella out here used to sell metal traps that used a 12 gauge shotgun shell. You would put the trap on a hill that you dug down to the tunnel. put a bucket over the trap for safety and go watch the game. A flap would discharge the shell when the little bugger came to fill back the hole flipping the bucket over. Not much to clean up in the morning just put the trap in the bucket for the next time. Somehow I don't think you can get these these traps anymore. PETA must have thought they were inhumane or something.
I don't like poison to kill them because of the other animals getting to the carcass and getting sick. Seems like the "tail pipe" trick is a good option if you have the gas to burn, and the time.

K
kaimuki49
u can buy sulpher at any farm store in bags. pour a handful into mouth of hole and set ur propane torch to it for a few minutes then cover the hole.